• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ho! Ho! Ho!

That is True, but I wasnt expecting them to flip until Next week. I don't remember them switching this early in the month though. Its a nice surprise! I'm looking forward for WRCH and WALK to flip!
Last Year WELJ and WBAZ out of long Island both flipped on Halloween! Though they are based in Long Island and not really Connecticut stations, their signals can easily be picked up in the south eastern corner of the state and the new london area. I really was hoping it would be the same this year, but 9 days passed in November with no signs of Christmas music coming from them. This year, WBMW takes the crown as the first station to flip to Christmas music in the state. I'm glad that they did

I will be posting on this thread if I hear any other stations in Connecticut or adjacent states flip to Christmas Music and encourage others to do the same if you hear it!

Its from 1973. They seem to be airing breaks of normal music in between. I think its unusual they are airing a christmas countdown cause they usually dont play any christmas music before black friday

I don't really know. They flipped the Saturday before last year but a few years before they flipped at 3pm on thanksgiving. My prediction is that is that WRCH will flip then. I also predict that WALK will flip tomorrow at somepoint and I also predict that 94.7 WMAS will flip sometime this week. 106.5 Pawcatuck 104.7 Montauk and 106.7 WLTW have already flipped. I have no Idea if WBAZ out of LI will ever make the switch

Its from 1973. They seem to be airing breaks of normal music in between. I think its unusual they are airing a christmas countdown cause they usually dont play any christmas music before black friday

Kool Radio was having technical problems on Saturday. (What a surprise. LOL). For several hours both the AM and FM were potted down so low you couldn't hear them, but the tune-in feed was fine. The 1973 Christmas Countdown with Casey Kasem is the same one that aired the week before. I don't know why. Oldies 98 from Suffolk County Long Island, which I listen to on Tune-In was airing the correct version of AT 40 The 70s yesterday morning. Kool Radio always airs a song or two during breaks on their syndicated shows. They like to brag that they have less commercials and more music than other stations.

I noticed that too on Saturday! I myself don't also know why Kool Radio aired a Christmas countdown nut I'm not complaining because I love Christmas Music!
By the way just as I predicted WALK 97.5 flipped to Christmas music today at 3pm

It looks like the christmas music on WMAS didn't last. However, for the first time ever this year Apparently, WEBE108 made a move to air non stop this year, while still airing Studio 108 and Backtrax USA. In recent years, it was a part timechristmas station, only airing it at night and on the weekend, but this year i guess, it kept going!

It looks like the christmas music on WMAS didn't last. However, for the first time ever this year Apparently, WEBE108 made a move to air non stop this year, while still airing Studio 108 and Backtrax USA. In recent years, it was a part timechristmas station, only airing it at night and on the weekend, but this year i guess, it kept going!

For the time being there is no Christmas in Springfield, Mass, though WMAS is mixing in Christmas song here and there. Also in the Springfield area Classic Hits 97.7/1250 WARE is mixing in a Christmas song here and there as is Star 99.9 in Bridgeport, CT.

If WRCH is going to do Christmas music non-stop, I wish they would expand the catalog a lot.

Why tamper with success? Even if a deeper playlist were to attract a few more listeners, those listeners would most likely be in demographics WRCH's December advertisers don't care about reaching. The numbers show, year after year, that 25-54 suburban females loves the 250 titles they hear on this station every year, and that, as Stone Cold Steve Austin used to say, is the bottom line.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom