• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Elizabeth Smart Tells Nancy Grace to basically Shove It

J

Jul

From http://www.huffingtonpost.com/
On the Nancy Grace show that first aired on 7/18/06 on CNN Headline News, Nancy Grace interviewed Elizabeth Smart, the young girl who was abducted from her bedroom when she was fourteen years old and couldn't have been more insensitive to her feelings on the topic of her abduction. Elizabeth is trying to help get a new sex offender bill passed through the House and Senate so she agreed to be on the show to promote the bill.

Grace did her best to act overwrought with anguish and kept reminding Elizabeth how victims don't like to talk about what happened to them. What does she do then? Nancy keeps asking her what happened and uses some of the most inane questions I've heard. At one point Smart looked over to the left as if Grace was out of her mind. Finally she told Grace to back off.
To view the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYKOizU5NIA&search=Nancy Grace , Transcrpit: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0607/18/ng.01.html My thoughts are that Nancy Grace is one of the wrost broadcasters and interviewer I have ever seen on TV and I can't stand watching her show. Why is she on TV in the first place. It was very insulting that Grace did this to Smart. Your Thoughts on this.

Hi everyone:
Julius May said:
From http://www.huffingtonpost.com/
On the Nancy Grace show that first aired on 7/18/06 on CNN Headline News, Nancy Grace interviewed Elizabeth Smart, the young girl who was abducted from her bedroom when she was fourteen years old and couldn't have been more insensitive to her feelings on the topic of her abduction. Elizabeth is trying to help get a new sex offender bill passed through the House and Senate so she agreed to be on the show to promote the bill.

Grace did her best to act overwrought with anguish and kept reminding Elizabeth how victims don't like to talk about what happened to them. What does she do then? Nancy keeps asking her what happened and uses some of the most inane questions I've heard. At one point Smart looked over to the left as if Grace was out of her mind. Finally she told Grace to back off.
To view the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYKOizU5NIA&search=Nancy Grace , Transcrpit: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0607/18/ng.01.html My thoughts are that Nancy Grace is one of the wrost broadcasters and interviewer I have ever seen on TV and I can't stand watching her show. Why is she on TV in the first place. It was very insulting that Grace did this to Smart. Your Thoughts on this.
I begin to wonder if Nancy Grace is either A). DEAF or B). Just doesn't get it when the people she interviews tell her they don't want to discuss something.

It also drives up the friggin' walls when she goes into her I-Feel-Your-Pain mode when she admits she doesn't even have a damn clue (And sometimes she openly admits as much too) as to what a person such as Elizabeth Smart went through. I'd LOVE to see her interview a politician or someone important JUST FOR ONCE instead of interviewing (or would exploiting be a better word?) people like Elizabeth Smart all the time.

Sometimes whatever FOX News has on IS better than the competition....

Just my honest opinion....

Cheers :)

Nancy Grace? In a word - condescending. Nancy DIS-Grace is more like it.

"I'm sorry, dear. I thought you would want to speak out to other victims."

What's THAT supposed to be - a guilt trip she's trying to lay on Elizabeth Smart?

Elizabeth Smart, OTOH, showed impressive poise and confidence beyond her years. Good for her! Some Hollywood stars twice her age could take lessons on how to tell the press to back off.

Nancy Grace/Greta/Rita, not to mention some of their male counterparts--all of them emblematic of what has resulted from so-called networks trying to fill a 24 hour schedule. . It has become a parade of prattle heads who think communication is accomplished by making noises with the face.

Grace is the absolute worst, a self serving non entity hired for God only knows what reasons, who, as pointed out above, simply couldn't handle a serious interview for any amount of money. She needs to become a "country club journalist" and volunteer to write press releases for community groups while having a brandy with her socialite friends, or whoever it is she would hob nob with at "the club."

I just took a look at the interview from YouTube--Nancy Grace is rather GRATING if you ask me--okay I saw the first few seconds and turned it off. But also, in past interviews, Elizabeth Smart hasn't been one to open up that much--who wouldn't after being kidnapped for a long time. I do appreciate the effort she and her father are taking.

I do appreciate also Elizabeth telling this Paula Deen wannabe--to quote that philosipher Archie Bunker--to stifle it!

What makes Grace even more annoying is that gosh-awful hick drawl she's got going on. I was raised in NC, and I do have a drawl crop up once in a while, but Nancy's just wants me to borrow Glenn Beck's roll of duct tape...

CTyner said:
What makes Grace even more annoying is that gosh-awful hick drawl she's got going on. I was raised in NC, and I do have a drawl crop up once in a while, but Nancy's just wants me to borrow Glenn Beck's roll of duct tape...

Now you're just taking advantage.

Sorry to bother, but I just did not have the time to watch the interview, as it was too lengthy. What exactly did Elizabeth say to Nancy about "backing off"?

BTW, on "Passions", the NBC soap, they did a stint of Nancy Grace. A district attorney (character) was portrayed by a woman who looked like Grace and the character's name was Grace Nancier. Just wanted to say that.

Grace is perfect for a Letterman Top 10: You know you're watching Nancy Grace when..................................

Do you know that she doesn't say her words in complete sentences sometimes, and her grammar is very bad. Why is she even on TV today? TV/Radio has too many bad broadcasters on today, Its a shame.

Julius May said:
Do you know that she doesn't say her words in complete sentences sometimes, and her grammar is very bad. Why is she even on TV today? TV/Radio has too many bad broadcasters on today, Its a shame.

You just answered your own question - why is she even on TV today? because TV/radio has too many bad broadcasters on today.

As bad as she is, that still puts her above average, it seems.

And it's a pretty low average. The likes of Nancy Grace make it to air because producers and decision makers just don't discern between good performers and non-performers. To many people who produce and program today, Grace is talented and well liked by the audience. Just ask Nancy.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom