• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Youtube/streaming views from other countries.

I watched the video of hideaway by kiesza and realized it has 500 million views and a second video identical has 267 million totalling 767 million (3/4 of a billion views!). However, the song was not a very big hit in the US only reaching #17 on the charts in 2014 and heard it was mainly coastal cities who spun it (a lot of midwest cities ignored it.) However, worldwide it was a bigger hit, though US is the second highest youtube user count. I see that with several other dance-type hits which wete never big in the US like symphony by clean bandit (#30 on US charts in 2017, 1.2 billion views.) Thoughts?

Don't confuse the word "views" with people. One person can stream a song over & over (YouTube has a repeat function) in an attempt to weight the stats.

30% of typical viewers have bailed out of a YouTube within 40 seconds.

The "Baby Shark" video has in excess of 12 billion views.

It's all about perspective.

30% of typical viewers have bailed out of a YouTube within 40 seconds.

The "Baby Shark" video has in excess of 12 billion views.

It's all about perspective.
Im just surprised how some have such a high count! Especially hideaway by kiesza.

How is that even possible?

"YouTube Money Calculator has estimated that the song has made a whopping $17 million on the platform alone, since its release. The mentioned amount is after Google’s 45% cut."

Looks like *how* you make money on that (and every other...) platform is to be POPULAR to billions of people, not tens of millions of people.

Don't confuse the word "views" with people. One person can stream a song over & over (YouTube has a repeat function) in an attempt to weight the stats.
Or even because they really like the song. I just played one of my favorites three times, and have been doing so with that and other tunes for a long, long time.

Or even because they really like the song. I just played one of my favorites three times, and have been doing so with that and other tunes for a long, long time.
The weird thing is the rest of kiesza singles dont do nearly as well. Slow motion fighting from last year only has 14k views!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom