• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

YOU MIGHT BE IN RADIO IF...

Or a neighbor says "I thought you were live until I heard you on the radio and saw you walk by at the same time."
Rest of the Story. When we carried it in the 70s we kept an episode or two on reel to reel in case we missed the feed.

Perhaps this should be under you might "used" to be in radio if...

You keep visiting these damned radio sites hoping to find a job opening that actually interests you all the while knowing that any job opening worth applying for will have a million infinitely more talented applicants because just about everyone you have ever cracked a mic with are now beside you on the beach. And to think that I gave up a 7-year secure civil service (government gig) career to become a radio star. If I could find 25 year old me, I would kick his ass!

You might be in radio if:

FOR YOU OLDSTERS:

If you believe a Seque is something more than a two wheel scooter ( old dj's don't die they just seque )

If you remember what the hand sign for it was or for shut off my mike or lower the volume or break time etc

If you know that a pot is something other than a Green leafy substance

If you remember when pots turned instead of slid

If you know Why we call it " CUT a spot "

For engineers:

You are in radio if you know that DRY Pairs are not apendages on an old lady.

That a wet pair has nothing to do with fishing or wet tee shirt contests.

That the Marti isn't the neighbor's dog

Remember Before earphones were made in Japan

A patch bay wasn't something you put your car into while you worked on the tires.

A contuour ment something other than the shape of the receptionist

For DJ's

You know you in radio if :

You accidently said " We pause now for station identification " when ask to lead the dinner prayer

You gave an hourly cross plug and it didn't refer to a mean comment about the other djs

Knew that a recurrent wasn't turning on the transmitter twice

Hitting the post was somthing other than what you did with your car when you arrived for your shift drunk.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom