• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Yahoo will provide some of its music content on Iheartradio

I do know that Cumulus, Cox, Emmis and KUSC have agreements to appear on the Clear Channel owned Iheartradio along with the Clear Channel O&O's. CC wants to compete against Tunein.

recto101 said:
I do know that Cumulus, Cox, Emmis and KUSC have agreements to appear on the Clear Channel owned Iheartradio along with the Clear Channel O&O's. CC wants to compete against Tunein.

They are doing a very good job. The user experience is better than that of TuneIn.

iHeart Radio may have a few kinks to work out of their system. I just clicked on the iHeart radio button on KFOG's website; says it's playing Springsteen's "Wrecking Ball" but Wham!'s "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" is coming out of the speakers! ??? :eek:

It was indeed KFOG that you were listening to...

at the time of your posting (Fri. 6/29/12 @ 10:16pm PT), it was just after the start of Annalisa's 10@10 repeat broadcast from earlier in the day. The theme for the 10@10 was indeed a dandy:

"6/29/12- Friday!! Another set of YOUR Guilty Pleasures!!" which included:

1. Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
2. The Brady Bunch - It's a Sunshine Day
3. The Captain & Tenille (sic-should be Tennille) - Love Will Keep Us Together
4. Robbie Dupree - Steal Away
5. Sammy Johns - Chevy Van
6. Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl (B.O.S!)
7. Hanson - MMMBop
8. John Travolta & Olivia Newton John - Summer Nights
9. Air Supply - All Out of Love
10. Bay City Rollers - Saturday Night

10@10 page on KFOG.com here.
There's a link on the page to an audio player that plays the 10@10 for the week in an loop that's usually updated on Friday afternoon/evening.
Direct streaming URL to copy/paste: http://ccice.streamguys.com:80/cc-kfog_48aac

Played just before 10pm PT on KFOG:

Watching You Watch Him - Eric Hutchinson - 9:54pm
So Alive - Love and Rockets - 9:50pm
These Are Days - 10,000 Maniacs - 9:43pm
Rocky Ground - Bruce Springsteen - 9:38pm (from the "Wrecking Ball" album)

Evidently iHeart only picked up the album info from the Springsteen track - or that was the last song the app. had info for.

Ha ha! Thanks for the explanation.

After leaving the above post, I went back and reloaded the webpage and they were playing that Brady Bunch song, so I was convinced that something had gone seriously out of whack in the I-Heart Radio computer system.

That is indeed one dandy 10@10 set. Didn't see that one coming ???

Even without the I-Heart Radio link, I think KFOG's "Just Played" feed on the homepage normally pauses at the last regular song played for the duration of the 10@10 show, or so I recall from having tried a couple times to look up a 10@10 song, but had to come back later for the weekly list you mentioned.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom