• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Yahoo! Sports Radio Rebrands As SB Nation Radio

So...we'll be faced with "SB Nation 1560" now, down here in Houston? David Gow has two of the lowest rated stations in town, with the flagship KGOW unable to even stay in the book from month to month. Don't believe it has ever showed more than a 0.2 since it signed on in 2007. ESPN 97-5 fares little better, and is handicapped by its tower location that will one day be swallowed by the Gulf. Gow has resolve, there is no doubt, but his sports network lags way behind the local products of 610 & 790. It's been an uphill climb for him since the inception, and the forecast looks for it to continue.

There are too many Sports Talk radio networks as it is.

It's a 5th-rate sports radio network behind Fox Sports Radio, ESPN, NBC Sports Radio, and CBS Sports Radio. They can call it anything they want, but it's still just filler for AM stations that can't find anything better to put on.

I have to agree with PaulKTF. The programming isn't distinct nor is the network strong enough to have an impact. It's tried Sporting News branding, then Yahoo! Sports branding and neither of those, despite being well known brands in their own right, could help this network achieve critical mass. Going with a lesser known brand like SB Nation isn't going to help.

talent such as Spencer Hall, Paul Flannery, Dan Rubenstein, Ariel Helwani and Thomas George

I think I have heard of two of those guys, but I couldn't tell you for sure what they do. Not great for starting a radio network.

I don't know that I'd ever have rated that product as mighty. It was attempt to create a presence in a crowded space. I'm frankly surprised it's endured for this long.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom