• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Y-100

I

InSearchOfGear

Gotta tell you... It warms the cockles of my heart to see Y-100 doing so well again.

Never met Alex tear, but one day I hope to shake the boy's hand. Job well done!

Have to agree...Despite all the syndicated clear channel stuff...He puts a nice playlist into rotation and the station is sounding good once again...He should shift his time over to 103.5 that station is a mess and needs to be fixed...

At least Y sounds better than sister station Wild 95.5. But all the syndication and voicetracking is awful. Is there even one live daypart anymore on Y (outside of weekends)? Elvis is syndicated from NYC, Ryan Seacreast and Michael Yo are tracked from L.A. Middays are tracked from Tampa. That leaves nights...

ScottBurns said:
At least Y sounds better than sister station Wild 95.5. But all the syndication and voicetracking is awful. Is there even one live daypart anymore on Y (outside of weekends)? Elvis is syndicated from NYC, Ryan Seacreast and Michael Yo are tracked from L.A. Middays are tracked from Tampa. That leaves nights...

And yet, they are doing well. Looks like talent matters more than location or live.

Radaioman said:
And yet, they are doing well. Looks like talent matters more than location or live.

To every rule, an exception. Obviously, Alex has the market figured out musically in the same way Bill Tanner and Jerry Clifton did before him. If the music is spot-on, which is rare anywhere, it could overcome the deficit of syndication. Piping in jocks from outside the market is a bottom line decision, not ratings. If Y-100 had a local, cohesive staff of talented people on air 24/7, one could argue they'd be doing even better than now. Sometimes the outlay for the talent is greater than the returns on the (potential) increased ratings.

ScottBurns said:
Radaioman, aside from music, do YOU actually like the way Y sounds?

It's ok. What I DO know is that the station began it's turnaround when Elvis' show took over and the station went back to more of a CHR than a rhythmic CHR. His show isn't about current South Florida events. It's about life events. Michael Yo, in Miami or not sounds good and has a local feel.

ScottBurns said:
The only live shifts left are with Froggy who is the only live part of Elvis Duran's morning show, Mack At Night, and weekend shifts. Other than that, the rest is voicetracked.

Grk-ScorpioInTheMIA said:
ScottBurns said:
The only live shifts left are with Froggy who is the only live part of Elvis Duran's morning show, Mack At Night, and weekend shifts. Other than that, the rest is voicetracked.

Since Michael Yo started off live and local, it makes sense to want to preserve his success by continuing with him via voicetracking. Elvis, while syndicated, is live. Seacrest in middays? Well, I guess no place else to clear him for the market, otherwise that would probably be live, and I'd be at the head of the line for that gig if it ever opened up. Did it before, I could do it again. :)

InSearchOfGear said:
Since Michael Yo started off live and local, it makes sense to want to preserve his success by continuing with him via voicetracking. Elvis, while syndicated, is live. Seacrest in middays? Well, I guess no place else to clear him for the market, otherwise that would probably be live, and I'd be at the head of the line for that gig if it ever opened up. Did it before, I could do it again. :)

On Air with Ryan Seacrest can only be aired as early as 10 AM and as late as 7 PM. It's a pre-recorded show that's distributed via FTP or via NexGen logs for those who use it, so there's no live option.

livingfruitvirus said:
InSearchOfGear said:

On Air with Ryan Seacrest can only be aired as early as 10 AM and as late as 7 PM. It's a pre-recorded show that's distributed via FTP or via NexGen logs for those who use it, so there's no live option.

Yep. Knew that.

Grk-ScorpioInTheMIA said:
ScottBurns said:
I'm sure you just didn't write it correctly, but the whole morning show is live. I guess you meant local. Considering that half of the Kenny and Footy show is on their show, it's fairly local.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom