• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Xtreme Dance Radio

Its a web only stream on my end..But luckily I have friends with transmitters, and will feed the Stream to their Transmitters and expand our audience a bit. Listen for us Early Evenings on 179 Long Wave,, and 6925 Shortwave... We have a few FM relayers as well, but im not aloud to talk about those.. HEHE...

Dxers listen to Short Wave... and then log the signal.. Dance Music sounds good in wideband AM sound

DJ_Perry said:
if you're on the net, thats all you need. it reaches everybody...nobody listens to shortwave for music (I didn't even think that was allowed)

Yes they do, and yes it is allowed. Shortwave isn't too popular in the United States, but there are a few US shortwave stations that are music based. However the medium is very popular is Europe. WWCR and WBCQ are a couple stations that come to mind. Restrictions on offensive language or sexually explicit material doesn't apply to the shortwave broadcast bands either, much like it does for AM or FM broadcasts.

Yes.. and they are very well programed for Indy Nightlife,, Mix of Trance Techno House and just a few Pop Mixes.. Wish the signal covered more than just the west side

If anyone had their DX radios on earlier, we were testing again on 179 Longwave and also 6955 AM SW both with very low power. Keep in mind, I dont originate the RF Transmissions from here, and I would never tell who or where was doing it. Let the FCC earn their paycheck hehe... The important thing is that the stream is helping support the artists and sell their music, and no more nasty emails from Sound Exchange... LOL Im just kidding,, Ive never gotten any emails or warnings,, but Loudcaster was actually cheaper than my unlicensed shoutcast stream,, so why not....

A longwave and shortwave dance pirate. You're not going to get many listeners. But it's still more listeners than you would get if you leased an HD2 since there are more longwave radios than HD radios.

I might be buying time on WBCQ a Legal 50kw flame thrower from Mane.. Its only 50 bucks for an hour of air time, and you get beamed across the world

DJ_Perry said:
Nick said:
A longwave and shortwave dance pirate. You're not going to get many listeners.

I think I know 2 people with shortwave radios

I only know 1 and it's because I bought it for him for his birthday about 10 years ago. He doesn't use it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom