• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WZNE's profit to take tumble; format change to follow?

NewsSleuth

Inactive
Inactive User
According to some acquaintences in the radio biz, employees at The Zone 94.1 are bracing themselves for a huge profit loss early this year when Howard Stern leaves their airwaves. They face considerable losses in advertising revenue, as some of their major accounts have withdrawn or cutback without the Howard "live read." It is believe that most of the Stern audience will not embrace the replacement "Rover's Morning Glory" show, and that the station may have been able to get higher ratings playing music. That I would have to agree with.

Therefore this leads me to believe that our own WZNE is prime for a JACK makeover in the near future.

Why is this on the upstate NY TV board?

> According to some acquaintences in the radio biz, employees
> at The Zone 94.1 are bracing themselves for a huge profit
> loss early this year when Howard Stern leaves their
> airwaves. They face considerable losses in advertising
> revenue, as some of their major accounts have withdrawn or
> cutback without the Howard "live read." It is believe that
> most of the Stern audience will not embrace the replacement
> "Rover's Morning Glory" show, and that the station may have
> been able to get higher ratings playing music. That I would
> have to agree with.
>
> Therefore this leads me to believe that our own WZNE is
> prime for a JACK makeover in the near future.
>

I think this means to be on the appopriate radio board. (Buffalo/Rochester is my guess)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom