• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WXLO/Worcester: Sully sent to the beach

A few weeks ago, Chris Zito left WXLO and the morning show leaving Jen alone to lead the charge with Sully as sidekick.

A week later, Steve Donovan returned to the station and the morning show essentially giving Jen two comedy sidekicks.

Now, as I just checked WXLO's jock page, Sully is gone. And then, I checked Chris Zito's myspace page (which is the old 'Zito and Jen' myspace page) and he says that Sully was fired:

http://myspace.com/zito&jen

I didnt much listen to the show this week. I did hear their last 10 minutes or so yesterday (Friday) and only heard Jen and Steve. From the gist of the messages on Zito's page, it sounds like Sully was booted following Thursday's show which was their Annual Raise for a Cure which sounds like it was very successful from what I heard Friday. 'Friends' on Zito's myspace page and on 'Jen and Steve's' myspace page are NOT happy that Sully has been fired.

Now, I don't like to see anyone lose their job but Jen didn't need two comedy sidekicks. Steve and Sully pretty much did the same thing and the only thing dj-ish (non-comedy) I ever heard Steve do was read the weather reports in between songs so he certainly isn't there to do what Zito was doing, in my opinion anyway.

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that they should have made Sully the newsreader as WXLO's taped news updates are done by Oldies 98-9's Adam Webster who does live news updates for Bruce Palmer's show on The Pike while Jen Carter does taped news updates for Adam Webster's show.

Now, as I just checked WXLO's jock page, Sully is gone. And then, I checked Chris Zito's myspace page (which is the old 'Zito and Jen' myspace page) and he says that Sully was fired:

Heard on the street: Sully's firing was tied to Zito's departure. He may
have aided and abetted in the Zito "takeover" of the Zito and Jen My
Space account. An event viewed as a no-no by management.

Mike Sullivan, former WBCN Weekender guy
[/quote]

Mike Sullivan, former WZOU personality Hadji from JR in the Morning show.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom