• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WWSF am Sanford adds translator

They have filed to move it to Sanford on the same hill as WXEX 92.1 and increase power to 75 watts. The new facility will be inside the daytime contour but larger than the nighttime contour, increasing night coverage --good move.

Andy Taylor said:
am 1220 can now be heard in Biddeford on 102.3 @ 19 watts.They paid $75,000 from Light of Life Ministries.

I was down that way a couple of weekends ago, and was listening to "The Legends" 1220, and was quite impressed...nice variety, good audio quality too, for an AM station. The signal was quite good. Listened while driving along 109 from Wells thru Sanford, to Wolfeboro, NH. Faded out just north of Wolfeboro (Mostly due to power line interference, and engine noise on my car radio) Couldn't pick it up at all at my Mom's in Meredith at NW end of Lake Winnepesaukee.

rjoc said:
Andy Taylor said:
am 1220 can now be heard in Biddeford on 102.3 @ 19 watts.They paid $75,000 from Light of Life Ministries.

I was down that way a couple of weekends ago, and was listening to "The Legends" 1220, and was quite impressed...nice variety, good audio quality too, for an AM station. The signal was quite good. Listened while driving along 109 from Wells thru Sanford, to Wolfeboro, NH. Faded out just north of Wolfeboro (Mostly due to power line interference, and engine noise on my car radio) Couldn't pick it up at all at my Mom's in Meredith at NW end of Lake Winnepesaukee.
Are they running Stereo on the 102.3 side? Considering the location on top of good old "Mt. Rialto" site, they should do just fine in Stereo. In any event, it's great to see that 1220 in Sanford is back on the air with local programming.

Although 1220's format is significantly 'hotter' than WJIB/WJTO. 1220 is an oldies format with some standards mixed in... WJIB/WJTO is standards format with some oldies mixed in. The former is most likely to make $$$ from advertisers.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom