• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WWE returns to the CW

WWE returns to the CW and guess what NXT is moving to that network by September 2024. NXT would get more viewers than what the CW is currently airing. The loser is the NWA which already lost their TV deal with the CW after a certain incident at their latest PPV.

I read that FX is looking more for the home of Monday Night Raw
and it's not gonna be on Monday Nights anymore if the move to FX results in a night change for Raw, i can see Wednesday becoming the new Monday for WWE while AEW moves Dynamite to Mondays come 2024 if they renew their deal with Warner Brothers Discovery.

and it's not gonna be on Monday Nights anymore if the move to FX results in a night change for Raw, i can see Wednesday becoming the new Monday for WWE while AEW moves Dynamite to Mondays come 2024 if they renew their deal with Warner Brothers Discovery.
Monday nights aren't available on FX?

People still watch the WWE in 2023?

People still watch the WWE in 2023?
Let me talk to ya, YEAH!

Those same people also purchase a ton of merchandise. Sports entertainment has become a big business, genius. This isn't the same product that once showcased such characters as Doink the Clown, Brooklyn Brawler, El Matador and Salvatore Bellomo. WWE is very much in the mainstream now, case in point, Logan Paul is currently their United States Champion.

Disney doesn't want Raw up against Monday Night Football in the fall. plus WWE is rumored to be wanting to ditch Mondays due to the Football vs. Wrestling ratings war that always goes in Football's favor as of late.
Did WWF/WWE do better against football in the Attitude Era? (late '90s/early '00s, for those non-wrestling-fan looky-loos lurking in this thread)

Did WWF/WWE do better against football in the Attitude Era? (late '90s/early '00s, for those non-wrestling-fan looky-loos lurking in this thread)

I think Raw was beating football in the Attitude ERA funny thing was MNF I believe in 98 started at 8PM then in 99 went back to 9PM. The Attitude ERA was the best in wrestling after that ended, I started not to watch wrestling as I thought it was starting to be watered down.

I think Raw was beating football in the Attitude ERA funny thing was MNF I believe in 98 started at 8PM then in 99 went back to 9PM. The Attitude ERA was the best in wrestling after that ended, I started not to watch wrestling as I thought it was starting to be watered down.

Raw never, never beat Monday Night Football (a top 10 program when it was on ABC) in the ratings, but they did occasionally beat some Sunday afternoon games in the ratings depending on what matchup it was.

Here’s Raw’s ratings 1995-2009:

That boasting of Logan Paul still cracks me up talk about toxic masculinity. He reminds me in a way of that man child Andrew Tate, although the two apparently loathe each other go figure LOL.

Last edited:
Let me talk to ya, YEAH!

Those same people also purchase a ton of merchandise. Sports entertainment has become a big business, genius. This isn't the same product that once showcased such characters as Doink the Clown, Brooklyn Brawler, El Matador and Salvatore Bellomo. WWE is very much in the mainstream now, case in point, Logan Paul is currently their United States Champion.
So, yes, WWE is still doing just fine, but they have about 1/3rd the audience they had at their peak in the early 2000's, and SmackDown has lost 75% of it's audience from their peak when they were on UPN, which is why Fox isn't renewing them. When SmackDown moved from USA to Fox, there really wasn't a substantial change in viewer numbers, despite no longer needing cable to get it, which says that WWE has a fanbase, but it is not growing, at least not currently. AEW isn't really doing well either.

Is there still plenty of money to be made in WWE/AEW? Sure. But it's not where it was in 2000 when it was WCW/WWF.

As to Logan Paul...well that's just WWE's effort to pay and promote him to get the next generation, and it's not really working all that well. Youtube views don't really transition into TV views, because most younger people don't really watch TV anymore.

Raw never, never beat Monday Night Football (a top 10 program when it was on ABC) in the ratings, but they did occasionally beat some Sunday afternoon games in the ratings depending on what matchup it was.

Here’s Raw’s ratings 1995-2009:

That boasting of Logan Paul still cracks me up talk about toxic masculinity. He reminds me in a way of that man child Andrew Tate, although the two apparently loathe each other go figure LOL.
RAW was the top rated cable program during the attitude era.

Back
Top Bottom