• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WVON AM 1690 "The Voice of Chicago"

P

purpledevil

...hearing it crystal clear in north Houston. Complete with identification of "WVON AM 1690 Berwin-Chicago, the voice of Chicago 16-90 WVON". You'd think this belongs in the DX section, or might comment that "hey Joe, that's a pretty good catch for something so high up in the band", but that wouldn't be accurate. The signal I heard it on today, and yesterday for that matter, is nowhere near Chicago. Instead, it's our own little daytimer from Conroe, one 1140 KYOK.

So...what's going on at Salt of the Earth/Martin Broadcasting that has KYOK simulcasting a talk station from the Windy City? KWWJ is airing normal programming, is KZZB over in Beaumont? KEES up in Gladewater?

Will check 990 and see...his 107.5 translator is a dismal failure...KGLK blows away often within 5 miles or closer to the tower...and often I have caught 990 with audio and the translator dead air...wow, nice job!!

His 107.5 translator is a dismal failure...KGLK blows away often within 5 miles or closer to the tower...and often I have caught 990 with audio and the translator dead air...wow, nice job!!

If you can, I think it might be a good idea to try and get ahold of that translator and use it for 1300, possibly moving channels so it won't interfere with KGLK. Just my suggestion...

If you can, I think it might be a good idea to try and get ahold of that translator and use it for 1300, possibly moving channels so it won't interfere with KGLK. Just my suggestion...

That would be a great idea actually! Bump it down to 107.3 and call it a day.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom