• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WTIX and KWMZ not showing up on Arbitron ratings

Why is this? Do they not subscribe? I could see maybe KWMZ not showing up, but it surprises me about WTIX.
Stations in medium sized markets which don't rank in the top 10 to 12 in some important sales demo are not going to get much traction from having full use of the ratings.

Ratings are mostly used for what we call "transactional sales" which is rate-vs-audience delivery based. Most of that is agency business. Local direct accounts look at results, service and even the owner's personal preferences.

So those stations not subscribed usually just don't need the service as there is no return on that investment.

(Non-coms get a rate consideration from Nielsen, and some buy the service to see how they are doing for their programming efforts. For example, EMF buys "the book" in some markets to track their whole operation,)

If I remember, correctly, PPM was due to roll out when Hurricane Katrina hit. Arbitron (Nielsen) delayed implementing PPM in New Orleans. I'm not sure why they haven't rolled it out since then, but no PPM in NOLA.

How long has WTIX been around? Not subscribing to Nielsen must be working for them.
My understanding is that they have several very very loyal clients that run large flights of ads. New Orleans is a strange market in that people love heritage. New stations and brands have traditionally has a very hard time making inroads.

My understanding is that they have several very very loyal clients that run large flights of ads. New Orleans is a strange market in that people love heritage. New stations and brands have traditionally has a very hard time making inroads.
All of Louisiana is like that really. It’s actually quite refreshing to see business done here differently than other places

Back
Top Bottom