• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WRHQ Savannah sold…and the Welch’s are back in radio

Jerry Rogers appears to be hanging up his hat as he sold WRHQ Richmond Hill/Savannah to the owners of OC Welch car dealerships.

Jerry Rogers has been in Savannah radio since the late 60’s…last 30 or so have been running his Rock AC/AAA station.

I do think OC Welch has been in the broadcast game before…didn’t they once own 103.1 (as WOCW)? It’s been a couple decades since I lived down there…

Happy to see it go to a local business, and even more happy to see a pretty unique format remain in Savannah. This is the type of radio transaction I love to hear about in today’s world!

Happy to see it go to a local business, and even more happy to see a pretty unique format remain in Savannah. This is the type of radio transaction I love to hear about in today’s world!
Ditto!

Just learned of this news. Grew up in Savannah (lived there from 1983-2009), and both of them will always will be part of the firmament of its pop culture. Glad to hear Jerry is placing his station in O.C.‘s very capable hands, and that the format will never change. Onward and upward for Q105.3. Happy for them both, the station, and the city! 😃

Back
Top Bottom