• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WRFV 910 Valdosta FOR SALE..

• Thread starter RadioStationDudeUSA
  • Start date
level42 said:
WRFV is definitely off...I have a translator in the same building. Was curious about that station myself. Last time it was on the audio was very distorted. It's still connected to a homemade dipole antenna...but actually had a decent signal when it was on.

What sort of lease do they have for the temporary facilities?

Another question: Why is this station required to be so highly directional at night? What type of "flea power" would it be allowed to operate non-directional at night from Valdosta?

No idea what their lease is, we don't own the tower. The "temporary" install is actually well done.

Chuck Harder holds the note??

Oh they need to sign right on and run For The People..

What ever your source..of stress and strife...for the people is there....

Even old Chuck Harder tapes all night would be the ticket...or Asian..yeah, Asian and Chuck Harder tapes..that's it

Has to be tapes too....none of them newfangled MP3 files. Chuck Harder tapes.

The For the People story, and to a certain extent the other talk network stories of those days are interesting.

Would Sonny asian and Sonny Bloch tapes work? Nah, you're right: Asian and Chuck Harder tapes

Oh, I do not recall hearing that he died. Was it even national news at the time? I used to enjoy his programs, even as I shook my head at some of his assertions. When he was indicted and arrested on financial fraud and tax charges, I remember thinking to myself that his greed had finally gotten the best of him. The New York Times reported that he had been released from prison and allowed to go home to die. He died in 1998.

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/07/12/b...loch-61-dies-bilked-radio-show-listeners.html

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom