• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WQAM PM Drive

T

tunchwoman

Anyone want to start the who is going to take over the 4-7 slot on QAM? Does the station stay on the cheap and keep Curtis and Anita or plug a new personaility in? As it is, they provide no competition to 790 and are getting hammered in that daypart. Would like to be a fly on the wall in Joe Bell's office. I vote we bring Hank back from the trenches.

Based on anything Joe Bell has done lately, if you were a fly, you'd probably fall asleep. I personally like Curtis and Anita but I would maybe wait to see what the latest book is since they have been on to see if there is a positive trend. For some reason, 790 kicks their arses in that trime slot. I am guessing it is with the younger demographics as I personally can't stand them but I am more "mature".

Maybe Hank sporadically since a lot of people were turned off by his constant gambling references, horse racing, etc. Maybe once a week like they do with Ira Windbag who's voice is almost as annoying as Sid's.

Anita alone? I don't know. Are there any "heavy hitters" out there and available ?

Could you imagine Howard David? Put him and Sid together, and no one would get half a word in. Those two are the real sports brothers.

LeBatard has been hammering them for a few years now. It's only going to be worse without Jim.

Barry Jackson wrote that Michael Irvin is an option. He was let go in Dallas. Though, he'd have to be paired with someone who's simply there to move the show around. Rosenberg is also the only candidate worth mentioning in house. Irvin gives them the best shot of making it respectable against 790. The problem is Irvin will never beat LeBatard. Once the football season would be over it would not be worth listening to him.

I look for WQAM to put Sid on from 3-7 against Dan LeBatard. WQAM would be wise to hire back Joe Castello for middays and team him with Anita or Marc Eisenberg (anyone remember the infamous Joe & Marc Show).

The right person for the Big 56 PM drive is in the South Florida sports farm club. Evan Cohen (QAM weekends) has been doing fulltime PM drive on ESPN760 in West Palm Beach for several years. Also a sportscaster on NBC affilate WPTV Channel 5. He lives and eats sports 24/7. Evan is the solution to make QAM a success in afternoon drive!

By, bye WQAM DRIVE
Drove my Chevy down the road without QAM drive,
And Dolphin Fans can thank Joe Bell this time,
Singing "I wish Joe Bell would get fired, I wish Joe Bell would get fired"

Leebo i guess your insinuating that 790 will win the pm drive how long can people listen to wiener and whiner talk

My money is on Hank "The Hammer" Goldberg to return to PM Drive on QAM!!

Man, WQAM used to be my favorite Radio-Station. How the mighty have fallen. My work day routine was NPR until Jim Rome. If I didn't like what was on Jim Rome I'd switch to Neil. Then Mandich got me through the last part of the work day. But highlight was Hank Goldberg. Hank yelling at callers is some of the best Radio I've ever heard. Back in 98 this old man called up Hank and got on to him about this restaurant Hank was part owner in that failed. Hank got pissed. He told the old man "It seems you are so interested in me. Maybe you'd like it if I was standing over you, straddling your face with my balls slapping you in the chin." I laughed out loud for a week on that one. that is the funniest moment I've ever heard on radio.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom