• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WPIX should get rid of news at 6pm despite having good ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they could expand more syndicated programming
In a city like New York? Yeahhh right! No, that'll never happen, especially under the new owners at Nexstar.

You never know it might just happen
What syndicated programming of interest to a significant number of viewers isn't already available in New York? Oh never mind ... I just checked your posting history and see that you want to see cartoons, cartoons and more cartoons in practically all dayparts instead of news. Sorry, small fry, not happening in 2021 in NYC or anywhere else. Now, go outside and play!

What syndicated programming of interest to a significant number of viewers isn't already available in New York? Oh never mind ... I just checked your posting history and see that you want to see cartoons, cartoons and more cartoons in practically all dayparts instead of news. Sorry, small fry, not happening in 2021 in NYC or anywhere else. Now, go outside and play!
One theses days it’s going to happen I’m not talking cartoons I’m about comedies and drama shows

Are you effin crazy? Cancel a good rated newscast.. i cant recall the last time something got cancelled and had great ratings. Viewers would be in an uproar if local news was cancelled.

where in blazes do you get the idea that running more syndicated programming would be better then more local programming?

Are you effin crazy? Cancel a good rated newscast.. i cant recall the last time something got cancelled and had great ratings. Viewers would be in an uproar if local news was cancelled.

where in blazes do you get the idea that running more syndicated programming would be better then more local programming?
But it happened before

One theses days it’s going to happen I’m not talking cartoons I’m about comedies and drama shows
Umm no the streaming outlets would air comedies and drama shows now such as Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, Peacock, Tubi, Amazon Video, IMDBTV and Paramount+.

The demos in question are in the GenZ group that the outlets are seeking as of today. There is no way OTA TV is going to do that outside of Primetime in 2021 unless it's Scripps owned WPXN-TV.

Yes certainly remember we used have the 6:30 pm news but they got rid of it

It won't. I have RARELY seen Nexstar cancel a local newscast.
I know right I knew Nexstar was hyping up their streaming apps for their West Coast stations such as KTLA+ Los Angeles and KRON-ON San Francisco in the past 3 years though since Nexstar took over the former Media General and Tribune stations. I doubt Nexstar would give up on that given that they were in the process of hyping up NewsNation on the national level as their ploy to go after CBSN, CNN, MSNBC that type of stuff.

This might be one of the most insane threads I’ve read in a while. Thanks for the laugh.

right.. most people clamor for more local progrmaming

actually.. thats on the radio side. no one seems to mind all the syndie crap on tv

This might be one of the most insane threads I’ve read in a while. Thanks for the laugh.
As a moderator, I don't think calling it "insane" is appropriate for me at least, but I do think this subject is very close to running its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom