• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WPGC Puts Big Tigger on Afternoon Drive

He starts on April 9th according to CBS Radio

NEWS RELEASE

BIG TIGGER TO HANDLE AFTERNOON DRIVE ON CBS RADIO’S WPGC-FM IN WASHINGTON , D.C. , BEGINNING ON MONDAY, APRIL 9

One of radio and television’s most distinctive personalities, Big Tigger, has been tabbed to do afternoons on CBS RADIO’s Rhythmic CHR powerhouse WPGC-FM, it was announced today by Skip Dillard, Program Director of the Washington , D.C. station. His first day on the air will be on Monday, April 9(2:00-6:00PM).

Big Tigger is well-know in urban circles providing listeners and viewers with the hottest music and performances from multi-platinum artists, including Ashanti , Eminem, Jay-Z, Missy Elliott, Snoop Dog and 50 Cent. He reached millions of fans weekly as the co-host of BET’s 106th and Park, as well as BET Style. He also hosts a nationally syndicated countdown show, “Live in the Den with Big Tigger,” broadcast on WPGC and radio stations across the country.

Commented Dillard, “Big Tigger defines the who, what, when, where and how of hip hop culture. He is respected for his knowledge of the industry and his credibility among the top names in the business is without comparison. Having him on our team full-time adds another dimension to our already star-studded lineup. With this announcement listeners can expect the great traditions of WPGC to be elevated to a whole other level.”

Recognized for his silky smooth tenor, Big Tigger began his career as an intern at WPGC while attending the University of Maryland . Following unsurpassed success doing nights at the station, Big Tigger entered the TV arena with BET in 1997. He also believes in giving back to the community through his charitable organization, The StreetCorner Foundation, whose work focuses on HIV and AIDS awareness and education.

WPGC, Washington ’s No. 1 station among Adults 18-49, is home to the Donnie Simpson Show broadcast weekday morning’s 6:00-10:00AM. Simpson was just named among a highly competitive field of nominees for induction into the National Radio Hall of Fame.

Good news for Tigger and WPGC . WPGC is one of The Best Urban ( Chr/R Whatever ) station in America .

Congrats to Big Tig and WPGC-FM. My favorite station since 1991 when I first visited D.C. and heard "go-go"...REAL unsanitized Washington go-go on that station. "Lock It" by Rare Essence. From there in was the Junkyard Band, Northeast Groovers, D.J. Kool and many other great bands. Heard Big Tigger when he did nights later on playing that great and unusual music which rarely gets outside of the Beltway. WPGC-FM is definately a Rhythmic CHR. Not necessarily Urban but when you consider the market the station is in, any Rhythmic CHR would sound a little more Urban because of the large audience there that would enjoy Urban music. I buy the music on every visit there, especially lately since I have a daughter at Howard. She's hooked, too! The one that told me "that music is weird!" Now she's coming home with it.

Congrats Big Tigger, Donnie Simpson and all the greats at WPGC-FM...from an Ohioan!

Looks like Skip is getting PGC ready for battle against the Jay Steven/Steve Hedgewood duo ar KYS. Tigger is a good move.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom