• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WNTN 1370

Sorry. I've gone back as far as 1957 and can't find that there was ever a 1370 licensed to the Nashville area. The first use of the WNTN calls I can find were for the station in Newton MA.

That's what i found. Thanks. P.S. I have an Excel spreadsheet with as much of the history of Nashville radio stations that i could find, if anyone's interested. AT least up until the last few years.

The WNTN calls have been in Massachusetts since 1968 and there's been a 1360 in Nashville since the 1940s which doesn't appear to have ever used the WNTN call letters.

Imagine a radio station going off the air on April 1 - 25 years ago.... By the way, several local television stations are featuring stories on this on the news tonight.

WKDA am 1240 T40 to C&W 4/1?/70, WKDF 103.3 Alt to C&W 4/1/99, WZPC Power Country 102.9 thru 4/1/99 to WBUZ 4/2, WMRO am 1560 Oldies to Hot AC 4/1/06; WQZQ am 830 sports to Classic hits 4/1/16, WQZQ fm 93.3 same date.

Started seeing stickers like THIS in the '90s. Notice that the color scheme had changed. Later, they even dropped the "of rock" from the (below) slogan. (By the way, this format change should NOT have come as a surprise to anyone. It was an "above the fold" headline in the previous Sunday's Tennessean.) (I realize now that the Tennessean does NOT have the same impact now that it did back then!)
KDF_0001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom