• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WMIB gets probation

WMIB is doing much better than it did as Mega in billings, which is all that counts. On the other hand, Mega is off in billings by more than half since it changed to Spanish Hurban. No way Clear, which has multiple disasters in Spanish (Orlando, Atlanta, Tucson, Dallas, Fresno, San Francisco, San Diego, Denver, Albuquerque, Miami) is going to add any more major market Spanish stations.

DickDasterdly said:
What you're saying makes sense David, unless you've seen the signed paper.
Given the unmitigated disaster that is the Clear Channel Hispanic initiative, I really doubt they will do any competitive markets till they fix the problems in programming and sales. Small markets with satellite delivery: sure. But a market like Miami, no way. These folks can't do anything right in the larger or more competitive markets. Every one of them is either a disaster or far less a success than was predicted and most are tanking in the numbers.

DavidEduardo said:
WMIB is doing much better than it did as Mega in billings, which is all that counts. On the other hand, Mega is off in billings by more than half since it changed to Spanish Hurban. No way Clear, which has multiple disasters in Spanish (Orlando, Atlanta, Tucson, Dallas, Fresno, San Francisco, San Diego, Denver, Albuquerque, Miami) is going to add any more major market Spanish stations.
Yes it did better than the former Mega.. but alas not the new. That's what they get for hanging on to a very inexperienced sales staff that will do nothing but chase after the low hanging fruit. The station is currently being run by a "P.D." that has zero experience in anything but stapling logs previous to this. And now after losing the morning show, will be even more clueless. I'm sure Doc will jump in, but seriously, where's his real success story? Star and Buc (his precious baby) they did nothing in the market, and now they're going audition Big Tigger via satellite?? Ok....

I say again, Clear oughtta just sell the frequency to me for $1, and I'll turn it into a highly successful dance station :)On a more serious note, the biggest problem here is just that: the station is owned by Clear Channel. They, and all the other corporate radio giants that mimic them, are only concerned about the bottom line. Programming doesn't matter. As long as they're making enough to keep the station afloat and still line their pockets with a decent percentage of the cash, they won't do anything to fix any problems.Apparently, if what Dick is saying is true, WMIB isn't making the bigwigs enough money to buy that new boat they want for the Summer :)

ITS INTERESTING THAT THE GUY WHO STARTED THIS PREDICTED THIS ALMOST 4 YEARS TO THE DATE OF THE WMIB FLIP

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom