• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WLVK 105.5 (Radcliff) "The Sound"

Don't know when the change happened but 105.5 in Radcliff dropped their simulcast of WAKY and are now called "The Sound" with a Christian A/C format. I couldn't find a website for them or any info. about the change.

Don't know when the change happened but 105.5 in Radcliff dropped their simulcast of WAKY and are now called "The Sound" with a Christian A/C format. I couldn't find a website for them or any info. about the change.
No website, social media or anything for the new brand.

One post appears to indicate it launched on or around May 3.

This whole station is weird, it's been almost a month but it just exists without any evidence anywhere on the internet that it even exists outside of this thread and a single post on Facebook. No streaming, no website, no advertising... it just exists. They don't seem to have any commercials either (but I haven't listened long enough to really confirm that). I know there are tons of religious stations that fly completely under the radar, but they're usually incredibly low budget stations owned by churches or religious groups or are affiliated with one of the large national religious broadcasters. Who is even running this station?

Not strange that it has no website, Facebook page, etc. Many stations have zero online presence.

Not strange to have zero advertising after 30 days in a new format. I was with a station that made a huge entrance in the market and it was a month before the first commercial aired and that was only two a day weekdays from a small local business.

This station may be trying to get it all together at the moment. I can't say, but give it time.

We have an update!

We have another update:

The WFIA call letters and Christian Preaching remains on 900 AM where it has been since 1965 (except for 10 months in 2017 when they simulcasted WJIE FM 88.5 with WJIE call letters)
I checked out WFIA's translator on 107.3 FM. Sounds terrible and can't make out what is being said. Definitely needs improvement.

Back
Top Bottom