• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WLBE 790 Sold.. and going spanish?

From AllAccess.com:

WLBE 790, INC. is selling Silent WLBE-A/LEESBURG-EUSTIS, FL and an application for a new FM translator there to GEORGE M. and ESPERANZA T. ARROYO's Q-BROADCASTING CORPORATION for $65,000 plus a time brokerage agreement before closing.

The application for the translator is on 95.7 and hasn't been granted, Black Crow Daytona has contested it .. i believe they claim potential interference but that a non officer of the company (seller/owners brother) whos also a convicted felon signed one of the piece of paperwork on it.. the owner claims thats an accident and said she was busy out of state dealing with her husbands health (If I rememebr correctly after reading the paperwork a few months ago)

Just happened to be messing with the 2e today and scanning the AM band and I heard WLBE in Altamonte. They were playing some song talking about live for today but it sounded like one channel was not being transmitted. I don't know if it's the right or left channel. I'm not familiar with that particular song so I can't confirm. The voiceover person sounded like the same person who did the smooth 92.7 and the 1110 voiceovers in Tampa.
Edit:
I just looked on youtube and found that particular song and it seemed like the 790 audio was capturing the left channel only.

Just happened to be messing with the 2e today and scanning the AM band and I heard WLBE in Altamonte. They were playing some song talking about live for today but it sounded like one channel was not being transmitted. I don't know if it's the right or left channel. I'm not familiar with that particular song so I can't confirm. The voiceover person sounded like the same person who did the smooth 92.7 and the 1110 voiceovers in Tampa.
Edit:
I just looked on youtube and found that particular song and it seemed like the 790 audio was capturing the left channel only.

the people who bought WLBE 790 own WTIS 1110 in Tampa

I hope my last post did not sound critical or harsh. I audio engineer and run live audio for a living and I run a part 15 FM and I even had a wild planet radio DJ starting in 2000. Also I was really particular about recording on tapes and I figured out that 5 second or so delay for the tape audio to kick in. So I pay very close attention to audio but it was cool hearing oldies on 790 again. I wish these people all the luck with this station. I know it is a heritage station.

Can anyone local or in-the-know update the status of how WLBE is sounding these days? Haven't been able to get up there in a while and curious how the new ownership is treating the station.

Thanks

Byron

Edit:

Possibly the Grassroots "Let's Live For Today".....??
The re-channeled stereo really "hacks" the song into 2 distinct "tracks" for left and right....
Accurate balancing can be tricky, depending on what kind of mixer you have....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom