• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WKRK Call letters & 1270 position......................

J

Johnnie_Radio

KRK..calls letters would seem to valuable to throw away...i wonder where would KRK's letters will end up. In cleveland possibly..??

since talk @ 1270 didn't do well before, what will eventually become of the 1270 dial position..?????

WKRK's call letters end up in Cleveland????

What, just because WKNR now resides in the city that is the Jewel of Lake Erie you think we will next commandeer WKRK? :D

I hope WXYT dumps sports and goes back to 'all talk'. WDTK's format is great (basically the same as WHK 1420 here in Cleveland...also Salem) but the signal was designed for the geographics of 2 generations ago, like when the 'suburbs' extended out to 'Outer Drive'.

Jim

The WKRK calls come to Cleveland!

Wait...

The WKRK calls DID move to CBS Radio's 92.3/Cleveland Heights facility as of today. Otherwise known as "K-Rock." That station has sprouted an embarrassing number of call letters over 59 years - WSRS, WJMO-FM, WCUY, WLYT, WRQC, WJMO-FM, WZJM, WXTM, WXRK, WKRI and now WKRK. I wish I were kidding here...

- nate81

OK, well you called it (the move of WKRK's call letters to 92.3 in Cleveland Heights). You are right that 92.3 has a long litany of call letters..close to a dozen since I have lived in Ohio.

So what is 97.1 known as in Detroit now? :p :p
Jim

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom