• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WKAT TRIVIA

Hey gang...

I just found my WKAT Testamur of Trivia Expertise
from 1975! (From The Craig Worthing Show.)

This was from KAT's previous incarnation as a LOCAL
talk station, way before syndicated talk. All liberal
talk, with one conservative (if Harold Dole was still
around).

Do you think it's worth anything?

73s from 954<P ID="signature">______________
<center><font color=green size=3>WKAT</font></center></P>

I worked at KAT the Summer of '94, briefly, as a Board Op..When it was Brokered Ethnic...Radio Peace/Paz, in Spanish, English and Creole during the day, and mostly Haitian, with some Hebrew and English on the weekends..Oh yeah, and the legendary Peppy Fields on Sunday night...We were in a condo on Biscayne and 135th....My first radio gig...The production studio still had all the carts from the Nostalgia/Standards format, and a few lingered from the short lived Oldies format of a few months in 87/88, where the late Roby Yonge did mornings.

Anyways, the Assistant GM posted a memo once, on "WKAT..The Talk Of Miami" letterhead....Don't ask me where he got THAT from---a good 20 years later!!!

Sam Stoddard, then Chief Engineer, comes up to me one day with some reels..."Can I trust you with this??" It was the jingle package from 1979, by Criterion Productions of Dallas....I made a dub of it..."Catch The Kat!! 1360, WKAT!!"...From the last years of the talk format, and it features the prominent, loud sound effect of a lion-esque 'growl' throughout....Gotta find that cassette. Don't know any of the names mentioned in the promos but for Craig Worthing and Chris Myers...They talk about an Alan Moore, a Jennifer Pete Pierson (spelling), and maybe some others....One of the shows was called "Getting Yours", and the promo starts off by saying "Are You Getting Yours??---The rich and full measure of life that you justly deserve??"

> Hey gang...
>
> I just found my WKAT Testamur of Trivia Expertise
> from 1975! (From The Craig Worthing Show.)
>
> This was from KAT's previous incarnation as a LOCAL
> talk station, way before syndicated talk. All liberal
> talk, with one conservative (if Harold Dole was still
> around).
>
> Do you think it's worth anything?
>
> 73s from 954
>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom