• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WJR to syndicate mornings and mid-days?

naughtytalker

Inactive
Inactive User
Headline from Radio-Info.com: Citadel's WABC, New York will directly syndicate Imus, Scarborough and Sliwa

WJR rated 5.4 in Feb. 09 book. How much longer before Paul W. Smith and Frank Beckmann are axed to save $$$? Replaced by Imus in the morning and Joe and Mika from Citadel's syndication behemoth, LOL.

Place percentage bets here! I'll start at 100%...

I think you are far more likely to see Citadel start syndicating more & more of it's smaller and medium market's morning shows. There has been a persistant rumour that has been going around for over a year that Pharid's Phoolish Wireless Company will start taking moves in the small & medium city clusters where the PD of each format will be the only one left at each station in the cluster. While it hasn't come to pass, it's a story that I keep hearing over & over. Since they own all those 24 hour sat formats I think you will see less and less live or even local VT..you'll see more & more ABC sat programming..But putting Paul W. & Beckman on ice makes no real sense.

Seems like P.W Smith's bumper music goes on FOREVER before he finally comes on...and lately Steve Courtney has been "filling in" for the first 20 minutes or so. What's the deal with that? Does Smith have MetroCars bringing him into work & they don't open til 6am?

I hope they get rid of P.W. Smith - have you ever heard the interviews he does? The guests have to be wondering why they are on at all! P.W. Smith just keeps talking and talking - he seems to have to go into these long preambles about why he is asking the question and giving everyone background information on why he believes or dis-believes in something. On a 3 minute interview session he does about 80% of the talking most of the time (and then of course it's on to a break). He should just ask a question - shut-up - and let the guest speak.

:-\

Wthom100 said:
I hope they get rid of P.W. Smith - have you ever heard the interviews he does? The guests have to be wondering why they are on at all! P.W. Smith just keeps talking and talking - he seems to have to go into these long preambles about why he is asking the question and giving everyone background information on why he believes or dis-believes in something. On a 3 minute interview session he does about 80% of the talking most of the time (and then of course it's on to a break). He should just ask a question - shut-up - and let the guest speak.

:-\
Even though I agree, Warren Pierce is much worse. I've never heard someone talk so much! Before an interview begins he yaps for sometimes 90 seconds & starts out asking a question about a question & wants them to elaborate & doesn't even welcome them onto the show. Then there's the lead-ins to weather & traffic that last forever...
"A cloudy & more overcast than sunny Saturday morning here on the Warren Pierca Show & I know how backed up we are so I'll make this really quick so my wonderful Producer Rachael Nevada won't get upset so let's go ahead & bring on someone who I have a feeling will, but then again will not watch American Idol this Wednesday night for obveous reasons- I know you, Dana Clark & I know you like your country & if I were a betting man I'd think that you'd be upset that your favorite country singer got voted off last Wednesday, am I correct, and if I'm NOT correct could you possibly be done watching Idol for the season and iff not why?
(D.C): "That's right Warren, I..."
"Time now to get you up & moving with the WJR Big 7 Traffic, Tony Verscotto standing by most likely not ready for any tee time this-morning in the rain & fogg and same with the folks in Rochester Hills who have a water main break so they're waiting patiently for the water dept. to make their way out there, but Tony V, it's at least good sleeping weather this-morning if you're luckt enough to be off & at home on this Saturday!

OMG, Warren Pierce is still working? I thought they rode him out of town on a rail?

I remember back in the 1990's when Pierce was anchoring the morning news at WJBK and promised he would produce "test drive reports" in exchange for the use of luxury vehicles, Lexus, Infiniti, Mercedes etc. But when BMW complained Pierce never produced one report for TV, the crap hit the fan. It was the lead story on every channel and above the fold in both Detroit newspapers. Channel 2 fired Pierce.

So, Warren went to his lawyers office and defended himself saying... "J.P. McCarthy did it and nobody ever complained" It was priceless, because McCarthy had just tragically died a few months earlier. One of the FM morning shows in town took a comedic phone call from J.P. in heaven and the dead radio star was astonished Pierce would trample his good name like this. And then the bumper stickers popped up all over Detroit, "honk if you loaned your car to Warren Pierce!" It went on like that for weeks. LOL

I'll never forget it, it was a media bonanza. Thanks for the memories Warren! He's still working?

Update: Citadel O&O WMAL Washington D.C. has fired local host Chris Plante to be replaced by Morning Joe and Mika. ...and here we go...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom