• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WJQS Jackson

For a little 1KW AM this station it is loaded up with ads and has great production on them.

I hear a couple of voices I recognize from the Pollack stations in Kennett Mo. on the ads.

They seem to have expanded their shopping show. They get quite a few calls. Not sure how many people are listening. I could be the same people calling over and over. Sometimes I listen to the Music of Your Life when I want to get mellow. I'm not sure if they fixed it, but they used to be only broadcasting one channel, which is an annoying habit of mono radio stations. Not sure why they do it. Especially on oldies which had wide seperation. sometimes vocals are missing, or the horn section can't be heard.

I wonder why they don't fix it or if they just don't have access to the transmitter or something like that since they LMA the station.

The webstream seems to be fine other than a low hum.

I haven't listened much lately, so they may have fixed it. I can only listen in the car. I have power lines and transformers in front of my house that obliterates everything up and down the road. I wish the FCC would inforce the laws against excessive static caused by the power company. In some areas in Rankin County, Listening to AM is all but impossible. It seems worse in areas that are hooked up to Southern Pine Electric.

flytrap said:
I haven't listened much lately, so they may have fixed it. I can only listen in the car. I have power lines and transformers in front of my house that obliterates everything up and down the road. I wish the FCC would inforce the laws against excessive static caused by the power company. In some areas in Rankin County, Listening to AM is all but impossible. It seems worse in areas that are hooked up to Southern Pine Electric.

Have you tried calling the power company?

*snicker*

Why bother, if you did complain they would only laugh at you as soon as you hang up, because everyone knows, "Nobody listens to AM radio anymore" And judging by the static and horrible quality of some of these so-call radio stations and lousy AM tuners, I'm not surprised.

That station has dropped When Radio Was at 6:00 p. m. They ought to DROP that horrible shopping programming. I love The Music of Your Life, however!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom