• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Why was application dismissed?

In reading the FCC Daily digest I am seeing some FM applications for new fm construction permits dismissed or denied but I'm unable to find where the FCC stated their reason for doing this for each individual application. Even when I look at the app number it does not lead to a copy of a letter or statement sent to the applicant or posted explaining why the dismissal etc. Does anyone know what to click on in the FCC web site to find the individual reasons? Thanks

You might find the letters under the links and maps tab then scroll down to the correspondence line and open. When my CP had an issue, that's where I found our letter.

For the 2021 window and the recent Auction 109, the FCC is publishing the dismissal reasons in the Actions public notice. REC is tracking the dismissal reasons for the NCE Window on the Window Tracking Tool and I update them when I can. For FCC resources, the FCC is not publishing the comments (where the dismissal reason will be) in the LMS PN system. Instead, you have to go to the appropriate Daily Digest and look at the PDF version of the Actions public notice. The action will appear on public notice about 4 days after it happens. If the FCC does publish a letter related to the dismissal, you can find that by bringing up the dismissed application in LMS Public View and scroll down to the attachments. If there is a document with a type of "Internal", that is something that the FCC added to the application. CDBS was much better where it came to all of this. The Media Bureau really went in the backwards direction when they made the specifications for the LMS system.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom