• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Why can't AC stations target an older audience?

105.5 The Dove and Easy 93.1 are in the top of the Tampa and Miami ratings respectively. I wish other AC stations sounded like those two stations. If they're successful there, can't that success be duplicated elsewhere around the country?

I noticed Easy 93.1 tweaked its format to play more older music during the winter.

Last edited:
I'm hoping the success can't be duplicated. The latest WDUV playlist I looked at wouldn't appeal to me. Standards is better. Even WEZV is better, though it's not AC regardless of what Arbitron says.

The ratings for the two are great, but the problem is they have some problems with monetizing them. For example, WDUV is consistently 1st 6+, yet is outside of the top 10 in market billing.

The ratings for the two are great, but the problem is they have some problems with monetizing them. For example, WDUV is consistently 1st 6+, yet is outside of the top 10 in market billing.

They could target an older audience. They don't want to. Why would they target an audience that can't be sold to advertisers? You can't take Arbitron 6+ numbers to the bank. Radio is a business.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom