• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Which version of "Who Says You Can't Go Home"

B

BrettV

Which version of "Who Says You Can't Go Home" are you spinning right now for Hot AC?

We started spinning the song the last week in January with the Bon Jovi only pop version. However, yesterday we switched over to the Jennifer Nettles country version.

I know that WQAL and WMVX in Cleveland, as well as WKDD in Akron were spinning the pop version when I was in town a few weeks ago.

On a trip last month to Tampa, WMTX was playing the Jennifer Nettles version.

Casey Kasem played the pop version the first few weeks the song was on AT20, but has since switched to the Jennifer Nettles version. Not sure what the other countdowns are playing.

> Which version of "Who Says You Can't Go Home" are you
> spinning right now for Hot AC?
>
> We started spinning the song the last week in January with
> the Bon Jovi only pop version. However, yesterday we
> switched over to the Jennifer Nettles country version.
>
> I know that WQAL and WMVX in Cleveland, as well as WKDD in
> Akron were spinning the pop version when I was in town a few
> weeks ago.
>
> On a trip last month to Tampa, WMTX was playing the Jennifer
> Nettles version.
>
> Casey Kasem played the pop version the first few weeks the
> song was on AT20, but has since switched to the Jennifer
> Nettles version. Not sure what the other countdowns are
> playing.
>

As for the other Countdowns: AT 40 (Hot Ac version) still plays the pop version, while Rick Dees plays the duet version. Over on All Access, there is a pop version of the song with Jennifer Nettles which is basically the instrumental of the song being the pop version with Jennifer singing her parts. Sounds like they just spliced the 2 versions of the song together.

> Which version of "Who Says You Can't Go Home" are you
> spinning right now for Hot AC?
>
> We started spinning the song the last week in January with
> the Bon Jovi only pop version. However, yesterday we
> switched over to the Jennifer Nettles country version.

We started with the Bon Jovi only version in February and recently added the JN version due to listener demand. It's the jock's choice of which version to play when it comes up in rotation. Personally, I like the duet version better.

Peace,
User 11648

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom