• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Where's KDVS?

Anyone hearing anything on 90.3? Stream is running but not matching what I think should be on, then again it's the start of the school year so programming might be shifting. No answer on the studio line.

Dave B.

Anyone hearing anything on 90.3? Stream is running but not matching what I think should be on, then again it's the start of the school year so programming might be shifting. No answer on the studio line.

Dave B.

Cant help with that.. but this makes me remember the year i lived in Redding and the CSN translator in Red Bluff on 90.3 went off... they had a redding translator which picked up the Red bluff translator off the air.

For 3 days, the redding translator rebroadcast KDVS.. and pretty decently at that

They’ve had transmitter problems, parts are on order. Should still be normal online, heard they’ve been training new people lately.

I've noticed KCCL having signal problems lately too. They can't be related if they are both transmitter problems but it is very coincidental since they are at the same transmitter site. Do they share an engineer? Maybe that person is needing extra hours these days. Inflation getting all of us. 😂

Transmitter problems already? They moved to the new site less than 10 years ago. Bummer as they have been off the air for a few weeks now.

Supposedly when that new site went live the University wouldn't let them license the old functioning 9.2 KW transmitter and antenna system on top of Kerr Hall with the FCC as an aux backup site. That equipment is probably still there collecting dust. A rather unfortunate situation as I've heard the station may now be facing at least a few more weeks off the air(supply chain issues).

Let's not forget that 90.3 in San Francisco was formerly KUSF and taken away from the students there without warning, with the station turned off in the middle of someone's show and their being forced to leave the building. Always have to hope that never happens to KDVS.

Transmitter problems already? They moved to the new site less than 10 years ago. Bummer as they have been off the air for a few weeks now.

So I haven't thought about it myself but apparently Yolo County had quite the thunderstorm in September during the time KDVS went off the air. Lots of intense rain, power outages, and lighting strikes in and around the Davis area
https://www.ucdavis.edu/news/downpour-hits-campus-hard
It likely fried the transmitter equipment. I've heard the controller is the part that's shot.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom