• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Where will the Nest, 365 and Outlaw end up?

Cleveland will eventually have three new diginets in 2024:
The Nest (Reality)
The 365 (African-American)
Outlaw (Westerns)
Where will these end up?
First, the Circle (WUAB 43.2) is going away December 31, so that leaves one opening. Gray is involved with the 365 and Outlaw, so it will most likely end up on of their stations (WTCL, WOIO, WUAB). So, maybe WTCL 6.2 for the other one, replacing MeTV? Or could 6.3 open up?
Anyone's guess for the Nest. The current Sinclair networks are on WJW except for TBD, on a low-power HC2 station. So, could the Nest be on a future WJW 8.5 or a low-power HC2 station?
Any thoughts or guesses on these new networks?

Cleveland will eventually have three new diginets in 2024:
The Nest (Reality)
The 365 (African-American)
Outlaw (Westerns)
Where will these end up?
First, the Circle (WUAB 43.2) is going away December 31, so that leaves one opening. Gray is involved with the 365 and Outlaw, so it will most likely end up on of their stations (WTCL, WOIO, WUAB). So, maybe WTCL 6.2 for the other one, replacing MeTV? Or could 6.3 open up?
Anyone's guess for the Nest. The current Sinclair networks are on WJW except for TBD, on a low-power HC2 station. So, could the Nest be on a future WJW 8.5 or a low-power HC2 station?
Any thoughts or guesses on these new networks?
The 365 and Outlaw will eventually end up on one of the Gray stations (WOIO/WUAB/WTCL-LD). Question is, which one will take the place of Circle, and which one will end up waiting until an existing 3rd party affiliation leaves? I'm not even sure if WTCL-LD will be affected in any way.

I don't expect The Nest to end up on WJW. The only reason Comet and Charge are there is because they were part of an affiliation agreement with Sinclair and WJW's then owner Tribune. I expect at some point that Rewind TV will jump ship from WOIO 19.4 and over to WJW, seeing that WJW finally upgraded their encoders to offer more subs. (Moving Rewind from WOIO would free up a slot for either 365 or Outlaw). I don't even know if WJW intends on keeping Comet and Charge. Both may eventually disappear soon, perhaps next month as their 3 year contract (last renewed in 2020) is coming to an end.

So far I'm not impressed with The Nest's offerings. The network appears to be a grab bag of shows from several other diginets that are already offered in the Cleveland market. It's possible that it may eventually end up on a HC2 station.

Back
Top Bottom