• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What's Happened To Channel 12?

I have both OTA TV on a big outdoor VHF/UHF/FM antenna and basic cable from Cox as well as several indoor antennas.

Lately channel 12 has been missing in action on OTA - no signal at all on the outdoor antenna and a badly pixelated picture on indoor (sometimes). Comes in OK on cable.

Yesterday in the heavy rain 12 was missing entirely and 3 was not watchable on OTA. Today, nice sunny day, no wind or dust 12 was again MIA on OTA.

I reviewed the AZ TV thread to see if something was up with their tower or perhaps someone forgot to put a quarter in the transmitter but nothing was significant.

I guess it is fortunate I don't watch 12 very often but wondering if they are letting OTA slide?

I wonder if they did something with their antenna. I've been getting them much better for a couple months now, including on my unamplified indoor antennas. Channels 15 and 45 have been more of a problem for me than 12 lately.

With the repack well underway, there is and will continue to be transmitters operating
at reduced power and/or lower on their South Mtn towers. That probably won't change
until the repack is completed.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom