• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What Will Become of KCBS and Other Audacy Stations....

A lot of that debt goes poof, which will enable Audacy to do more than just pay interest. The question is: what becomes of David Field? Don't hold your breath thinking he'll remain. Debt holders remember Field telling them the CBS radio purchase made sense. It didn't.

Bankruptcy is a business thing. Has nothing to do with station operations. Chapter 7 is liquidation. Audacy is doing Chapter 11, which is reorganization:

The stockholders lose equity. David Field and his father owned 25% of the stock. They now own nothing. David was Chairman of the board. For now, he's a non-voting member. My take is he will take the money they're offering and walk away.

I see. That's reassuring, since KCBS is doing so well relatively, only a fool would even think of divesting themselves of it.

c

I asked this question on a previous thread when Audacy announce the bankruptucy. I was thinking about KRTH, a classic hits station which is highly rated. in Los Angeles. David the moderator replied that Audacy's stations were profitable, so that's not what caused the bankruptcy. I understood this to mean that the stations would stay intact and would not be affected. -- D.

I asked this question on a previous thread when Audacy announce the bankruptucy. I was thinking about KRTH, a classic hits station which is highly rated. in Los Angeles. David the moderator replied that Audacy's stations were profitable, so that's not what caused the bankruptcy. I understood this to mean that the stations would stay intact and would not be affected. -- D.
At least for the moment. But the new owners may look at under-producing markets or ones with a poor cluster. Buffalo comes immediately to mind.

Back
Top Bottom