• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WHAT ABOUT THE CLEAR CHANNEL STATIONS?

I have a question, I hope someone knows the answer...

When XM advertises their other channels (in between shows), how come they do not mention the Clear Channel ones? I think Channel 24 and 152 are excellent!!

Any ideas, ???

Stuart

I wonder if they are against them.... They put commericals on thier channels and XM probably doesnt like that.. (They just dont wanna lose the $$$$ they are getting from them so they dont say a word)

Stuart Greenberg said:
When XM advertises their other channels (in between shows), how come they do not mention the Clear Channel ones? I think Channel 24 and 152 are excellent!!

XM doesn't get any brownie points for listeners on Clear Channel stations, because Clear Channel collects the revenue from them. XM uses them to attract new subscribers because XM will collect revenue from those.

XM actually does do advertising for CC stations. Bob Costas and the XM165 general lineup has been getting promos on the other talk stations. Fox Sports Radio ads have been running lately, even though Clear Channel does not reciprocate, and only advertises their own content on their channels. They don't do any advertising though for the commercial music channels, as XM considers that damaging to their image.

And I'm amazed someone likes channel 152. It has good weekend shows, but Monday-Friday the channel is a trainwreck of bad programs.

I think the Philips Phile is a terrific show on 152. They should air it Live. 3 pm till 7pm

livingfruitvirus said:
Stuart Greenberg said:

XM doesn't get any brownie points for listeners on Clear Channel stations, because Clear Channel collects the revenue from them. XM uses them to attract new subscribers because XM will collect revenue from those.

XM actually does do advertising for CC stations. Bob Costas and the XM165 general lineup has been getting promos on the other talk stations. Fox Sports Radio ads have been running lately, even though Clear Channel does not reciprocate, and only advertises their own content on their channels. They don't do any advertising though for the commercial music channels, as XM considers that damaging to their image.

And I'm amazed someone likes channel 152. It has good weekend shows, but Monday-Friday the channel is a trainwreck of bad programs.

I agree with larnov, The Philips Phile is my favorite show on XM Radio ;D
Channel 152, at one time did air the show live. One can hear it live at www.wtks.com

Also, I have to change my view on something. I am now starting to hear ads for Clear Channel Stations on other XM Stations.

Stuart

Maybe XM should add WOBB(B100), a Country station from Albany, GA. It's a GREAT small market
radio station(as long as they keep WSIX). I listened to it recently and it sounds GOOOOD.

Stuart Greenberg said:
I have a question, I hope someone knows the answer...

Any ideas, ???

Stuart

I've heard promos for a couple of the Clear Channel stations -- Kiss (21) and Talk Radio (165) between innings on the preseason baseball games XM's been carrying.

There's an assumption on the fan boards that Clear Channel and XM are mortal enemies, that Clear Channel is trying to sabotage XM, and that XM will kick Clear Channel, its channels, its programming and its money to the curb as soon as it's legally possible. Somehow, knowing how important CC's investment was to getting XM on the air and how many fans the programming CC provides has, I think things aren't quite so black and white. But then, we listeners ultimately know nothing of such matters -- only the corporate insiders do, and they're not talking.

I sent a snail mail to XM hoping they'd see I went to the trouble. I suggested WMUU, Greenville, S. C., which may be the last "beautiful music" station still doing it the way it was done in the 60s. They also do sacred and classical shows.

Marlin Taylor himself responded by snail mail and said they had a beautiful music channel I might enjoy. Still, when you start letting vocals get mixed in with instrumentals, you're heading in the wrong direction.

for the love of black sabbath...please no more freakin clear channel satans. no statios from idaho, waterloo or even los angeles. kill that crap! clear channel sucks. true xmfans dont listen to that crap!

vchimpanzee said:
I sent a snail mail to XM hoping they'd see I went to the trouble. I suggested WMUU, Greenville, S. C., which may be the last "beautiful music" station still doing it the way it was done in the 60s. They also do sacred and classical shows.

Marlin Taylor himself responded by snail mail and said they had a beautiful music channel I might enjoy. Still, when you start letting vocals get mixed in with instrumentals, you're heading in the wrong direction.

I don't know about the 60's; But in the 70's and 80's easy listening or beautiful music stations included vocals from artists like the Carpenters and Lionel Richie.

I would rather not have terestrial stations on my XM.
there isn't any that really makes any of them unique anymore. Besides you're not getting the whole station anyway. They cut out the comercials. If I'm going to hear the station I would like to hear everything.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom