• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WGMD/Delaware 105.9 Two Sides of the Same Coin - Both Kind of Boring

Dan Gaffney on Delaware 105.9 does an okay morning show. In a few months, his show will probably overtake Bill Colley's Show on WGMD. Kelli Steele, news person for WGMD, does a fine job in the morning, excellent actually, but Colley's biased point-of-view and dry style really gets in the way of an entertaining show.

Dan has really strong religious convictions, but, so far, hasn't let them get in the way of the morning show on 105.9. Still, he is trading more on his many year legacy in the market than on the actual content of his show. I find the program to be dull, but no where near as bad as Colley on WGMD.

I'm sure Rush on WGMD still has good ratings, but his time is quickly coming to an end. In my opinion, WGMD needs a new morning show (keep Kelli) and needs to get ready for Rush's impending downfall. Hey, he's had a great run and for the first few years of his show he did innovative talk radio. Now, he's become a charicature of himself and the genre.

Both stations need more entertaining talent. I know many will say they probably can't afford it, but surely there must be some fun and entertaining talk hosts who could liven up either station. Maybe someone new or someone getting ready to retire from a major market.

Who would you put in the mornings on WGMD?

TalkRadioIsSleeping said:
surely there must be some fun and entertaining talk hosts who could liven up either station.

Absolutely there are. But it's never going to happen. Both stations are going for an audience that wants nothing to do with fun.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom