• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Westwood One / NFL Moves to 1580 The Fanatic!

1580 The Fanatic is the new home for Westwood One and the NFL starting this season including Super Bowl 54 in 2020! KGME gains the Coyotes, but loses the NFL? Sounds like a bad trade-off to me considering the popularity of the NFL. Job well done Fanatic! https://www.1580thefanatic.com/1580...sts-the-nfl-playoffs-and-the-2020-super-bowl/

All that needs to be done now is to rectify the interference issue to their 95.9 translator that the KNLB (KYOT-HD3) translator on the White Tanks is causing.

1580 The Fanatic is the new home for Westwood One and the NFL starting this season including Super Bowl 54 in 2020! KGME gains the Coyotes, but loses the NFL? Sounds like a bad trade-off to me considering the popularity of the NFL. Job well done Fanatic! https://www.1580thefanatic.com/1580...sts-the-nfl-playoffs-and-the-2020-super-bowl/

It gives them more credibility in the battle of too many Sports Parkinglots in the Valley. Kwiffen has two translators, and their own app - which they'll really have to use as 15~Eighty at night is 95 watts. Both Nurse Jeff and I are diggin' Monty In The Morning!

Makes sense. CBS Sports Radio is distributed by Westwood One, so The Fanatic might have already had an inside track. Makes me wonder if the NFL was already headed there once their deal with KGME expired, Coyotes or no Coyotes.

Too bad 1580 is nonexistent at night, and 95.9 is iffy in Mesa.

Makes sense. CBS Sports Radio is distributed by Westwood One, so The Fanatic might have already had an inside track. Makes me wonder if the NFL was already headed there once their deal with KGME expired, Coyotes or no Coyotes.

Too bad 1580 is nonexistent at night, and 95.9 is iffy in Mesa.

Ever since that 95.9 translator came on, K240DC FM,The Fanatic’s Fountain Hills translator, K240EU 95.9 FM, has had some interference. Even when the K240EU signal is on top, my radio is ID’ing the station with RDS as KNLB-FM. Strange since the K240DC translator should have no signal pushing to the East Valley, but it sure seems like they are broadcasting outside their contour maps:

https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?call=K240DC&service=FX

Of course, since both are translators, they are just trashing each other’s reception while the once clear signal of KKLD-FM, 95.9 The Cloud, is no longer existent in the valley. The Fanatic should try to go back to 99.1 FM, their original east valley translator that was moved to 95.9 FM because of complaints from 99.1 KFXY-LPFM, Coyote Country, broadcasting from Usery Mountain in Mesa. Since that station is now no longer broadcasting and defunct, 99.1 FM would make a logical choice since it is an adjacent channel right next to their primary translator, K257CD 99.3-FM, broadcasting out of Phoenix. Move K240EU back to 99.1 FM and I think most signal problems for East Valley listeners on 95.9 FM would be fixed.

Ever since that 95.9 translator came on, K240DC FM,The Fanatic’s Fountain Hills translator, K240EU 95.9 FM, has had some interference. Even when the K240EU signal is on top, my radio is ID’ing the station with RDS as KNLB-FM. Strange since the K240DC translator should have no signal pushing to the East Valley, but it sure seems like they are broadcasting outside their contour maps:

https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?call=K240DC&service=FX

Of course, since both are translators, they are just trashing each other’s reception while the once clear signal of KKLD-FM, 95.9 The Cloud, is no longer existent in the valley. The Fanatic should try to go back to 99.1 FM, their original east valley translator that was moved to 95.9 FM because of complaints from 99.1 KFXY-LPFM, Coyote Country, broadcasting from Usery Mountain in Mesa. Since that station is now no longer broadcasting and defunct, 99.1 FM would make a logical choice since it is an adjacent channel right next to their primary translator, K257CD 99.3-FM, broadcasting out of Phoenix. Move K240EU back to 99.1 FM and I think most signal problems for East Valley listeners on 95.9 FM would be fixed.

When they first signed on as The Fanatic, they had the construction permit to build that East Valley translator on 99.1, but moved it to 99.5 to avoid interference, only to have KIIM in Tucson step all over them. Then they went to 99.3 to be synchronized with their Shaw Butte translator, but that made it worst for the combined translators and also received an interference complaint from KRWV-LP in Gold Canyon.

Now, K240DC was NOT on the air (or not from the White Tanks yet) when KQFN started simulcasting on 95.9 from Fountain Hills. The signal was passable until this past March when K240DC went on the air from the White Tanks. A lot of their interference takes place when you're driving east-west streets between Higley and Recker Roads. Now, I know they're supposed to null their signal away from the East Valley, but their height on the White Tanks allows for their signal to bleed in when K240EU's signal is weak.

Maybe you're right, a move to 99.1 will now solve their problems, given that KFXY-LP is off the air and 1TV.com doesn't have a construction permit for a translator on that frequency anymore. The drawback would be having to do all the rebranding.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom