• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WDGY flips

True Oldies Channel is out; Spanish is back. Seven format flips in ten years:

July 2001-September 2002 --Sports Talk (Sporting News Radio)
October 2002-May 2004 Catholic (Relevant Radio)
May 2004-September 2004 Liberal Talk
October 2004 - November 2005 Spanish
November 2005-April 2006 -- Sports Talk (Sporting News Radio AGAIN)
April 2006-October 2011 -- True Oldies Channel
October 2011- Spanish

after I win the megamillions/powerball :
I will invest in the station, and
create a "pop"40 music station!!!

: )

also, noticed a few other lower-than
average performers that could use a
facelift, new owner, or format change
to sp!ce it up!

Who would have dreamed that WDGY would be on KDWB's 630 AM??? Are they still burdened with those megatowers & tranny in far, far, far away St Paul?

WDGY is now on 740. Their stick is in very east east St. Paul --- Wisconsin!

630's towers were in the east metro until 1994, when they were bulldozed for an office building. 630 went east to the 740 site; now they are in the SE metro with a good metro signal.

:) Thanks for the update. Now I recall that the Borgens are running it in Wisconsin. A good buddy of mine engineered the Borgens 50K AM, which was formerly WJSW some years ago. Now it's a religious station.

Wright County Guy said:
WDGY is now on 740. Their stick is in very east east St. Paul --- Wisconsin!

630's towers were in the east metro until 1994, when they were bulldozed for an office building. 630 went east to the 740 site; now they are in the SE metro with a good metro signal.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom