• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WCMX, Leominster/Lunenburg Off-Air 1 Month

L

Laurence Glavin

The catastrophic sleet/freezing rain storm of December 12th occurred one month ago, and yet WCMX-AM 1000 col Leominster/studio Lunenburg is still off-the-air. Did the station's tower collapse or something? WEIM and WFGL are back to normal.

You might want to check your radio. I just put on 1000, and I'm hearing what sounds like religious talk, but I'm a little too far away to tell for sure. I believe they were only off the air for a week or so.

Well the station I was hearing was actually WLNL Horseheads, NY, with some sunset skip. I do know for sure that WCMX's tower is still standing though.

It's almost like clockwork...if I declare a station off-the-air or at reduced power, within 24 hours it reappears. Although the station is operating, there are no preachers imploring people to send them money, just recorded material that mimicks mass-marketed recorded materiakl.

Laurence Glavin said:
It's almost like clockwork...if I declare a station off-the-air or at reduced power, within 24 hours it reappears.

Have you ever considered farming yourself out for hire with that ability to put a broken-down station back on the air with mere words?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom