• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WBZO no more?

They want those call letters because they will be called the WOLF. Chances are they have a mascot already, t-shirts, and god I hope some staff. MAXX FM was jockless for at least the past year, they let Jim go last I think, although they still use his voice on the air on spots. Country failed on 943 years ago and hasn't been seen in that part of the island since, so perhaps this will be a welcome change for those who missed their country. They must be happy at 1023!

The last songs Max played were:
The Final Countdown - Europe
Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) - Green Day
Movin' Out - Billy Joel
That's All - Genesis
New Kid In Town - The Eagles

First song on The Wolf:
How Country Feels - Randy Houser

(From TheWolf1031.com)

Updated story with new logo:

1710962490698.png

I wonder how long 103.1 The Wolf will last after Audacy flipped New York Country to Rhythmic AC/Classic Urban?
If The Wolf bills well for Long Island, it will last for awhile. Besides, New York City and Nassau-Suffolk are two different markets. Just because Country doesn't bill well in NYC doesn't necessarily mean the same result will occur in Long Island.

When they had Country 943, they were losing money....there are not that many country bars on the island anymore, so the beach clubs might be going country. Does anyone know who the personalities will be or will it be jockless like MAX. I think its funny that they played Good Riddance.....kind of sums up Max FM, they tried and couldn't beat WBAB.

When they had Country 943, they were losing money....there are not that many country bars on the island anymore, so the beach clubs might be going country. Does anyone know who the personalities will be or will it be jockless like MAX. I think its funny that they played Good Riddance.....kind of sums up Max FM, they tried and couldn't beat WBAB.
Even Q104.3 was beating Max FM so unless they were happy with being the 3rd ranked Classic Rock station, they had to change. I don't know what other format they could've changed to besides Country. Anyhow, I wish 103.1 The Wolf luck and hope they succeed with the new format.

Alexa Neo is hired for middays at TheWolf. More hires to come...

Now looking for an afternoon host:

Back
Top Bottom