• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WBOS's Chris Kennedy

F

farid

I've heard this guy weekending over the course of months and have to wonder if there's any reason why any commercial station in a major market would put him on the air.Granted it's laid back WBOS but even so the starting point to getting behind a mike is sounding decent an while a person's voice isn't always something he can control,you don't pick radio if you can't get beyond a voice like a squeegie toy.You would think a station hyping the fact that they are not doing annoying things would see this.Apologies if this seems harsh but I cannot see the logic in this.

well Farid, it must be personal since you've gone out of your way to single out an insignificant part-time jock. and i mean insignificant in the grand scheme of things in life truely to be upset about.

I'm sure every station in the nation has some part-timer who annoys somebody, frustrates another, and dumbfounds yet another. however, the same can be said for full-timers and programmers.

and there in lies the point - who cares? what is starting a negative thread about one guy on the radio nobody knows about or cares about going to do to make you feel better?

what a waste of space....and more important, what a waste of your time.

Move on and get over it.

> I've heard this guy weekending over the course of months and
> have to wonder if there's any reason why any commercial
> station in a major market would put him on the air.Granted
> it's laid back WBOS but even so the starting point to
> getting behind a mike is sounding decent an while a person's
> voice isn't always something he can control,you don't pick
> radio if you can't get beyond a voice like a squeegie
> toy.You would think a station hyping the fact that they are
> not doing annoying things would see this.Apologies if this
> seems harsh but I cannot see the logic in this.
>
<P ID="signature">______________
It is a good life, and not a good living, to which the wise aspire.</P>

Amen, ditto on that! Besides Farid, be careful Mr. Kennedy is a cop in his non-radio life. So I'd watch your back on the highways.

> well Farid, it must be personal since you've gone out of
> your way to single out an insignificant part-time jock. and
> i mean insignificant in the grand scheme of things in life
> truely to be upset about.

More about Chris, who goes back to WMWM. Good guy. He's spent more time in
pro radio than I have, and certainly at bigger stations.

http://www.chriskennedy.net/radioresume.htm

Pic of Chris with fellow WMWM-er Rene Watts, from late 80s I think:
http://www.geocities.com/wmwm1981/pic11crp.jpg

> > well Farid, it must be personal since you've gone out of
> > your way to single out an insignificant part-time jock.
> and
> > i mean insignificant in the grand scheme of things in life
>
> > truely to be upset about.
>
> More about Chris, who goes back to WMWM. Good guy. He's
> spent more time in
> pro radio than I have, and certainly at bigger stations.
>
> http://www.chriskennedy.net/radioresume.htm
>
> Pic of Chris with fellow WMWM-er Rene Watts, from late 80s I
> think:
> http://www.geocities.com/wmwm1981/pic11crp.jpg
>

Yeah but Farid is entitled to his opinion and how often do our personal feelings obscure reality?. I dont know him very well but Chris seems like a good guy but that is not what was at issue. Farid is welcome to have his opinion too even though others may disagree, its also not fair to pile onto Farid for stating his taste. Chris is not a strong jock even though he's a "good guy" but more power to him for having a gig in these uncertain times.

Crabs I'm not going to discuss this with you into infinity.I posted an opinion because while Kennedy obviously has creds to work in radio,the mike is not his forte and his voice is such that it really glares.There are others I don't care for but don't join in discussions about because it's personal opinion.

This is a media discussion board.Your comments about criticisms having to be personal are more at home in a small market where $5.00 an hour deejays argue about who sucks the least.I'm sure you've posted criticisms before and have probably gotten into spats over them so let's not compare media talk to the grand scheme of life.This isn't small talk in the break room at FNX so you should expect any and all topics brought up and openly talked about as long as they are not personal,which my post was not.

your point is taken. however, I just cant see the logic in pinpointing a specific personality by using his name in a post and relating his voice to a squeegy as being general constructive criticism in any way shape or form. It simply opens the door for more personal opinion from others and takes away from the intent of the discussion. And the mere fact that you associated kennedy and fnx in the same post indicates that you are a little closer to the situation than just being a casual observer.

And I'm not disputing your right to post your opinion. In fact, if you look back on my postings you'll see that I usually support the things you have to say.

trust me, I dont post here to defend any jock in this business. open the mike, accept the criticism is how I feel. but I am cautious when it comes to applying someone's name to an observation. Im sure you'll agree, this board is a vicious one, with a lot of immature, no-talent sore heads looking on just waiting to slam someone who fired them or didnt hire them.

> > well Farid, it must be personal since you've gone out of
> > your way to single out an insignificant part-time jock.
> and
> > i mean insignificant in the grand scheme of things in life
>
> > truely to be upset about.
>
> Crabs I'm not going to discuss this with you into infinity.I
> posted an opinion because while Kennedy obviously has creds
> to work in radio,the mike is not his forte and his voice is
> such that it really glares.There are others I don't care for
> but don't join in discussions about because it's personal
> opinion.
>
> This is a media discussion board.Your comments about
> criticisms having to be personal are more at home in a small
> market where $5.00 an hour deejays argue about who sucks the
> least.I'm sure you've posted criticisms before and have
> probably gotten into spats over them so let's not compare
> media talk to the grand scheme of life.This isn't small talk
> in the break room at FNX so you should expect any and all
> topics brought up and openly talked about as long as they
> are not personal,which my post was not.
>
<P ID="signature">______________
It is a good life, and not a good living, to which the wise aspire.</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom