• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Walla Walla FM flips to new format

95.7 KKSR 'The Bridge' (Christian Contemporary) has dumped the format as of this weekend for 'BIG 95.7,' classic hits of the '80s, '90s, and more. RDS and IDs represent the new format.

The Bridge moves to 106.1 and displaces the 'More FM' Hot AC that was on that station (K291BS / KALE-960).
I noticed the change yesterday on my way home from Wenatchee. Tri Cities really needed a classic hits format.

I worked at that frequency decades ago- good times. Was a "lite" rock station- that was a term that went away a LONG time ago.

Did they not have a classic hits format on there some time back, like a Bob-FM or some such?

95.7 was classic hits a few years ago with the Tom Kent Radio Network lineup. They were also 'Cities 95.7' with adult hits about 10 yrs ago.
Now with 97.5 back to Kool FM, the void of classic hits in Tri-Cities no longer exists.

Yeah, they sound pretty good on 95.7. Though they call it simply “Big ninety five seven”. The music seems mostly 80’s/90’s but super focused on the 80’s. Excellent imaging. Somebody knew what they were doing here. Good and needed upgrade for the market.

KKSR is a blowtorch signal; it comes it almost like a local here in Moses Lake and does (weakly) make its way up to Wenatchee.

Nothing recent. Eastlan picked up Tri-Cities this spring and hasn't released any ratings yet.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom