• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WABC LMA's My Real FM WLIR

Today at 12:06pm, WABC began an LMA of WLIR-FM ("Real FM") 107.1 and the translator at 96.9.

VMT tried to make a go of it but like many of the operators of the frequency found it made better financial sense to lease the station rather than program it.

I personally found the station to be an interesting listen as they tried to incorporate many types of music including some of the more popular WLIR new wave titles.

Special mention has got to be made about Kyle Hirshon who seemed to single handedly run the station- at age 21 - while completing his degree at Oswego State! Kudos to Kyle. Hopefully, some broadcasting outlet will be smart enough to hire him immediately.

My only question is was the last song played "Forever Young" by Alphaville?

"Forever Young" (at least the dance version) was the last song on WLIR in its 92.7 incarnation in 2004, so maybe they felt it was appropriate?

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/189939/wabc-adds-long-island-simulcast/

Here is an Update

After beginning to operate VMT Media Classic Hits “107.1/96.9 Real-FM” 107.1 WLIR-FM Hampton Bays NY via LMA on June 30, Red Apple Media has filed to purchase the station with the FCC.

Red Apple Media will pay $900,000 for the station, which will also include $15,000 monthly LMA fees for nine months, which will be credited to the purchase at closing. The purchase of WLIR-FM follows Red Apple Media’s acquisition of 770 WABC New York in June 2019 for $12.5 million. WLIR-FM is now simulcasting WABC outside of an exclusive 10am-12pm show hosted by Frank Morano.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom