• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

VJ's at R News?

tvfriend

Inactive
Inactive User
R News is training reporters on cameras and editing. Photographers who leave won't be replaced. All other Time Warners have one-man-bands. Looks like R News will too, if it sticks around.

Re: VJ's at R-News?

> R News is training reporters on cameras and editing.
> Photographers who leave won't be replaced. All other Time
> Warners have one-man-bands. Looks like R News will too, if
> it sticks around.
>

Also it appears that reporter positions are not being filled, at least for the time being.
Stephanie Dusek’s position is being left vacant. Dusek, and her husband, left Rochester few weeks ago after he found another job.

Lets not also forget that that R-News has reduced its local weather staff, depending now on people stationed in Syracuse, as part of a cost-saving measure.

R-News has a decent product. It would be a shame to see it dissolved. However one has to wonder about Time Warner’s financial situation. The company is saturating the airwaves with their “Three in One” plan, along with their regular promotions to entice people to sign up for cable and Road Runner. Now the company is even offering AOL clients Road Runner. One has to wonder just how many people are dropping cable for satellite, or just signing up for Netflix to rent DVD’s because of the programming repetition on cable television?

By the way it’s not unusual to find videographers asking questions at news conferences, minus reporters. I’ve seen that process develop over the past few years, not at just R-News but the other commercial stations as well.
As you are aware once the video is shot, it’s taken back to the station and edited then used as a B roll while some anchor reads a few line of copy.

Television is experiencing what radio news has undergone for the past several years. More work with less staff.
<P ID="signature">______________
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them".</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom