• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Update on 97.1 The River

1980sRadio

Things are continuing to move along on the new 97.1 The River. Our 10,000 songs in a row was a great way to kick-off the new format.

We are now in the final stages of developing our on-air lineup. Our plan is to be live 24-7, 365.

As I told a newspaper reporter who is working on a story about the station, "This will be a world-class radio station" that will go straight to the top of the Atlanta book. We already have several radio stations nervous about our momentum, including one just down the aisle that is trying to copy our music selection! They will be even more worried when our on-air line-up debuts!

Keep calling in your comments and suggestions to 404-741-9797. Many times I am monitoring the calls and I just might pick up the phone and talk with you personally.

"Many times I am monitoring the calls and I just might pick up the phone and talk with you personally."

Sorry if I'm slow, but who are you and why would I want to talk to you? You make it sound like something really special.

97.1 The River

That's why I am pushing hard to get 97.1 The River live 24-7. I'm an old-fashioned radio programmer and I believe this is a must.

Re: 97.1 The River

> That's why I am pushing hard to get 97.1 The River live
> 24-7. I'm an old-fashioned radio programmer and I believe
> this is a must.
>
Works well for the Fish. There have been numerous positive comments on this board over the years about the Fish being live 24/7.

> > That's why I am pushing hard to get 97.1 The River live
> > 24-7. I'm an old-fashioned radio programmer and I believe
> > this is a must.
> >

I agree...

If you can do that with Cox, you deserve a place in the Program Director's Hall of Fame

Radio-X<P ID="signature">______________
To any Richmonders:

Please be my valentine this year and express mail me some of Ukrop's White House rolls!!!</P>

> > > That's why I am pushing hard to get 97.1 The River live
> > > 24-7. I'm an old-fashioned radio programmer and I
> believe
> > > this is a must.
> > >
>
> I agree...
>
> If you can do that with Cox, you deserve a place in the
> Program Director's Hall of Fame

I'm not familiar with the Program Director's Hall of Fame, but if there is such a thing I would imagine one would have to have an actual job as a PD to be admitted. I'm pretty sure imaginary jobs like 1980's wouldn't count.

> We are now in the final stages of developing our on-air
> lineup. Our plan is to be live 24-7, 365.

If I had to work overnights and play this music, I'd put a bullet through my head.

> including one just down the aisle that is
> trying to copy our music selection! They will be even more
> worried when our on-air line-up debuts!

Well, it better be a hell of a lineup, because there's *nothing* special about the music you're playing. Pure vanilla mainstream rock hits? Let's take a look at the last few records you played:

Boston - more than a feeling
BOC - burnin for you
Stones - jumping jack flash
Eagles - hotel cali
REO - time 4 me to fly
F.Mac - the chain
Loverboyyyugsnygvialegyvu vbncxzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Woops, sorry, I fell asleep on my keyboard.

-- MAR

> That's why I am pushing hard to get 97.1 The River live
> 24-7. I'm an old-fashioned radio programmer and I believe
> this is a must.
>

I think that's a beautiful idea. DaveFM does that and it makes the station seem more reachable, or maybe more "human" to the listeners. My station gets callers all through the night, so there's no reason why a commercial station can't pull it off.

Keep on rockin'!

-Andy from 88<P ID="signature">______________
Album 88 - 88.5FM
Psychobilly Freakout Mondays from 8-10pm</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom