• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Turtles Happy Together Tour

The Turtles, aka Mark Volman & Howard Kaylan, have been doing their Happy Together Again Tour for years. It may have been the original oldies tour, with the Turtles and several other 60s era acts. They make a point of having the original lead singers of these bands with them, so the voices you remember from the records are the ones you see on stage. That's the way it's been until this year. For the first time, Howard Kaylan isn't singing lead for The Turtles. Apparently, he's got some health problems, according to his partner Mark Volman. Here's a link to a story with the details:

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music...aylan-sitting-out-2018-happy-together-to.html

Sorry to hear about Kaylan's health issues, but Volman couldn't find someone else? Dante was a decent singer despite the crappy material he had to sing, but "Archie" singing Turtles hits? No thanks. I think Mark Lindsay (who's already part of the tour) would have been a better choice.

Wonder if the concerts will air - LIVE! - on Sirius/XM.........???!!!:rolleyes:
Where was the thread about their issue. I heard "Happy Together" on the local oldies station, but I assume they paid the proper royalties.

The CBS series has that as a theme song, but performed by others.

Where was the thread about their issue. I heard "Happy Together" on the local oldies station, but I assume they paid the proper royalties.

The copyright issue involving the Turtles and other music of that era effects digital performance royalties paid to stream or transmit digitally and the money goes to labels and artists.

Analog AM and FM radio stations don't pay digital rights because they are not part of the the DCMA scheme. Radio pays composer and author rights, but not artist and label rights.

The CBS series has that as a theme song, but performed by others.
The great Sirius-XM 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s channels seem to play every.single.other hit record, just not The Turtles'.
Something's rotten with that duo.
Due more to greed, in my opinion, than anything Sirius ever did.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom