• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Tried Listening to Redio and Satillite radio which do you like

A

AvgListener

For the those lucky enough to have Sat. radio. Have you ever just listened to reg radio to hear what it sounds like. I want to do hear from both sides good and bad.

This is a question similar to "should I take my dinner date to the hospital cafeteria or the roadside hotdog stand?" The answer is you can get lousy food either place, but at the hospital, at least medical help is nearby if you need it."

Satrad and regular radio are mostly a bunch of robots and these days even some "live" shows sound automated. So it's a matter of do you want to pay for your radio and get pretty good sound or do you want to have your radio for free and tolerate the endless commercials?

There was a time when it was fun to listen to major market radio because it was slickly produced with live talent who were at the top of their game. Now every radio station regardless of marketsize can be just as slickly produced as the big guys. Every market can have Ryan Seacrest or some other major market talent voicetracking a radio show. The same goes for Satellite. It depends on whether you want live and local or an automated jukebox. Now the fun is finding the live and local. It's almost a novelty when you do find it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom