• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Track Hurricane Hilary Storm Coverage Heading to SoCal

Apparently an Earthquake in Ventura has taken place at the same time Tropical Storm Hilary is heading to the LA area.
It was really a tiny quake. That said, a friend who lives in a condo in Santa Monica say it was the strongest he has felt since the 1994 Northridge quake (which is one of the stronger ones I have felt, to).

Guess you've never been through a winter storm in the Bay Area. That's when we get our rain to carry us through five or six dry months.
Actually, I have. This Spring was an extremely severe one for Northern California. Sacramento has seen flooding in the past. The American River levees were close to being breeched. When I lived there, it never rained from June until October. My point was that Southern California doesn't see Tropical storms like this in August. Climate Change will be bringing more of this on everyone. This storm has caused some severe damage already...

Last edited:
I live there too, we got some wind but had worse storms last winter.
Yeah, in the urban San Diego area, the forecast of torrential rain and damaging wind didn't happen. The storm lost most of it's punch pretty quickly. Even the local news this morning showed the usual flooding we get with rain, and only one report of a fallen tree. Today, it's a normal day like any other.

Might not be a good thread to ask this, but...

@DavidEduardo how are things where you are,?

Nevada now has the remains of Tropical Storm Hilary.

Might not be a good thread to ask this, but...

@DavidEduardo how are things where you are,?
No issue at all... and thanks for asking. We live in a gently sloping area of terrain, far from mountain runoff. Our home is about 18 inches above street level, so water ran off easily. Our only damage was an outside potted plant fell over in the wind.

We went out today for a couple of errands, and found many streets in other areas closed due to mud, sand or damage. It was rough in the run-off areas.

Back
Top Bottom