• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Toyota 2012-2013 Prius V contains Iheartradio app on dashboard.

recto101

Inactive
Inactive User
http://www.toyota.com/priusv/
I noticed on the Toyota ads for Prius V and it included Internet and an app for Iheartradio from CC. Well we will find out when CC made the right moves. I think this is an interesting move. I wonder once more cars get a wifi dashboard or satellite internet dashboard will some of the popular AM stations just bypass FM simulcasts for Wifi. I'm guessing CC's KNEW960 and KKSF910, and Cumulus KGO, KSFO and KNBR680/1050 are just hoping that they will get younger audiences on a web stream on a Cumulus radio app or CC radio app in their Dashboards. Look Ford has a web dashboard service on new cars called the Sync and Tesla has a web dashboard.

The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Toyota is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners. The phones on toyota.com have been tested for Bluetooth® wireless technology compatibility with Toyota vehicles. Performance will vary based on phone software version, coverage and your wireless carrier. Phones are warranted by their manufacturer, not Toyota.

Looks like you have to have a phone with data service and connect it to your toyota with bluetooth.

The cell companies will love this: think of all the extra data use charges from those heavy users of in-car internet.

radio-darn said:
The cell companies will love this: think of all the extra data use charges from those heavy users of in-car internet.

Agree. This will be troublesome as I imagine most users don't realize how much of their mobile bandwidth they'll chew through.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom