• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Top Hot AC Adds this week: (2/2/07)

B

Beejus

OK... so I'm stealing this idea from the CHR/Pop board... but just to get some chatter on here. Here's the top adds at Hot AC this week... add your thoughts:

1- ROB THOMAS -LITTLE WONDERS (MELISMA/ATLANTIC)

2- NICKELBACK- IF EVERYONE CARED (ROADRUNNER/LAVA)

3- THE FRAY- LOOK AFTER YOU (EPIC)

4- JOHN MAYER - GRAVITY (AWARE/COLUMBIA)

5- NELLY FURTADO - SAY IT RIGHT (GEFFEN)

6- RELIENT K- MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING RIGHT (CAPITOL)

1- ROB THOMAS -LITTLE WONDERS (MELISMA/ATLANTIC)
---Just got it on my desk. Another hit from Rob Thomas. I'm a little tired of him, but still a good song. Top 10 Easy.

2- NICKELBACK- IF EVERYONE CARED (ROADRUNNER/LAVA)
---I'm WAY tired of them, but my listeners eat them up. Top 10, Probably Top 5.

3- THE FRAY- LOOK AFTER YOU (EPIC)
---I don't like this one as much as Over My Head... but they're on a roll. Top 5.

4- JOHN MAYER - GRAVITY (AWARE/COLUMBIA)
---A little slow for my listeners, but it's making modest gains. Hopefully not TOO slow for everyone. Top 20.

5- NELLY FURTADO - SAY IT RIGHT (GEFFEN)
---The rhythmic sound doesn't quite work on my station, but this seems to be doing good. Top 15.

6- RELIENT K- MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING RIGHT (CAPITOL)
---Not as good of a song as Who I Am Hates Who I've Been... but it has potential. Top 20.

[/quote]

At least there's FINALLY some stuff moving around on the Hot AC chart. I was getting pretty tired of seeing mostly rhythmic titles and country titles floating around the bottom of the list.

I'd love to see Nelly Furtado hit the top 10. There hasn't been a rhythmic top 10 hit probably since 'Don't Tell Me' by Madonna about five years ago! Unless you count 'Crazy' by Gnarls Barkley.

Judging by today's Mediabase figures, it looks like 'If Everyone Cared' by Nickelback may overtake Nelly by the end of the week. However, Nelly may overtake 'Into The Ocean' by Blue October and/or 'World' by Five For Fighting. That is if Nelly's bullet doesn't continue to slow down like it has been recently. At the very least, she should stay no worse than 17 this week, as 'Boston' by Augustana should drop to recurrent status this week. Hopefully though she can move up a couple of spots this week and keep the momentum going.

Also great to see Beyonce earn her first ever Hot AC top 20 hit! She should be up to 18 by next week, with no immediate threat behind her for at least two to three weeks.

Looks like a lower top 10 hit like #8 or 9. Nothing is behind her but Little Wonders is moving hella fast which might give her little top 10 power but I'm about 85% sure it'll pass #11.

spongebag7890 said:
Looks like a lower top 10 hit like #8 or 9. Nothing is behind her but Little Wonders is moving hella fast which might give her little top 10 power but I'm about 85% sure it'll pass #11.

Yes, thank you Rob Thomas for keeping the Wreckers and the Red Hot Chili Peppers out of the top 20 this week! ::) Nothing like these same artists hogging up spots from better songs and artists.

As for Nelly, yes, I'll take an 8 or 9 from her. That is a nice showing for the type of genre that a lot of Hot AC's pass up. It's possible it might even peak a bit higher than that. I don't see Little Wonders keeping up at this pace forever, plus it's still about 1000 plays behind Nelly, so I think she is okay for awhile.

IA

I'd love to see Nelly Furtado hit the top 10. There hasn't been a rhythmic top 10 hit probably since 'Don't Tell Me' by Madonna about five years ago! Unless you count 'Crazy' by Gnarls Barkley.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom